CP done in Frankfurt on Nov 21st

havel

Background - EB2, applied for 140 in Sept \'00. Got caught in the VSC maze... 140 finally approved July 14th \'01. Interview schedule for Nov 21st \'01.

Process very similar to those posted before. Some points worth mentioning...

Medical - Medical took around 2hrs. Consulate schedules the medical at 8AM and the interview at 10AM on the same day. Might be advisable to do the medical a day earlier. Record of immunizations that are required - diptheria, tetanus, MMR, varicella. If you don\'t have an immunization record or a note from a doctor saying you had the disease, be prepared to expose a limb and pay up for the vaccination....

Documents collected before interview -
i) Copies of birth certificate and marriage certificate (which are verified against the original).
ii) We had lived in India, Germany and the US for longer than the specified 6 month duration. The officer wanted the original copy of the German Police certificate. Did not ask for the Indian police certificate.
iii) Original notarized employment letter for self
iv) My company lawyer had mentioned that a notarized employment letter from my spouse\'s employer would substitue the I-134. Thanks to this forum, I ignored the lawyer\'s advise and carried the notarized I-134 form. The officer specifically asked for the I-134 eventhough I gave her my wife\'s employment letter.
No other documents were asked for.

Interview - The usual, where do you work, for how long, what is your job about...

Pick-up - The officer mentioned that since Sept. 11th they try to mail out all documents by regular mail rather than allow people to come and pick them up. She seemed to sound like she was doing us a favour by allowing us to come and pick up the documents. The documents were ready on the afternoon of Nov. 27th.

POE - We got back in thru EWR last night. 4 flights landed at the same time (1am) and it was a little while before they got to us.

Any questions, please do let me know. Good luck to all other CPers.

Where did you get the Indian Police Certificate from?

From the consulate or from the place of your last residence in Inda. Thanks.

Self employment format letter!

I am also going for CP interview on 20th of Dec.\'01 at Chennai US consulate. I got my I140 approval under EB2 (NIW) self petition. Could you please post the self employment format letter? thankx