CP done at US Embassy in Singapore

gc002

Interview at US Embassy in Singapore in Feb

We have reached US embassy at 1pm. As our interview is scheduled at 2pm,asked us comeback at1.50pm. Did so. Initially a Singaporean Lady took all the papers and photocopies in the order (as per her list). Most probably order is
a) Passport
b) Birth certificates (in my case birth certificate non availability, Parents affidavit )
c) Police Certificates (Singapore police certificate, Indian local Police certificate, Indian Embassy at Chicago’s Police Clearance Certificate),
d) DS230 Part 2,
e) 9003 ( on yellow sheets only, photocopy or printed form not acceptable)
f) 3 Photos ( on back write your first name and Last Name)
g) Employment Letter

For spouse also order is the same except employment letter. After collecting the papers, She gave slip, asking to show it in cashier counter and to pay application fee USD 520 (for both of US). Since I did not receive my P4, I filled all the downloaded forms. But 9003 has to be yellow one only. She asked to drop in at the counter after filling 9003 (yellow form) and paying the application fee. While collecting papers she asked few
questions. She gave our X rays and told us to carry with us to USA. Once application receipt shown, she asked to us to wait.

After few minutes, another lady called us (she is Indian origin). She greeted “How are you doing”. I was slightly happy, since that was first time hearing friendly tone. She asked us raise our hands and say what ever we filled in the forms and say is truth and fact. She checked all the papers against the photocopy and returned the originals. This lady to asked few questions too. She asked us, when we would be having the one more vaccination (this one, we can have only after a month from date of vaccination we had during the medicals. She suggested us to take in the US). She told us, our visas are approved and pay visa fee (USD 130 for both of us).

Here is the list of questions were asked. I realized, answered these many while preparing this posting.

1) Since when, you are working with this company
2) For how many companies- you worked in US (Answer: 3)
3) Your passport shows Visa stamping only for 2 companies, have you traveled outside US after change of company – NO
4) Where are you working currently?
5) When were you married?
6) When did you go to US
7) How long you stayed in Singapore
8) How many marriages you had
9) Show the child ‘s birth certificates
10) Where is your kid born (in US)
11) When did your wife joined in the US

Wife answered following question
1) Do you have any more children
2) Show child’s passport – checked for passport issued location
3) Have you ever worked in the US or any where

After paying the fee(USD 130), asked us to wait. While waiting, first lady called us and told us to collect visas after 5 working days.

At JFK - Port Of Entry:
Stood in the line for US citizens and permanent residents. Officer took the packets, opened and asked us to go to immigration room and present the papers. Did so, officer there asked us to wait in waiting place. After some time asked me to come in to a room where he took fingerprints. Later called my wife and took her fingerprints too. Stamped in our passports and told us -will be receiving the actual green cards with in six months.

Singapore Airlines:
As I wanted to go to India from Singapore, I thought Singapore Air lines is the best since it flies into all these countries. So while booking tickets, I wanted flexi return dates. Bought the tickets from Singapore Airlines directly (no travel agent). Ticketing agent said I could return any day with in the six months.

I wanted to return to US 2 days later then originally booked. To do this change I went Singapore airlines office in Paragon building, Orchard Road in Singapore, they changed my date and said stand by (that means, if a passenger does not show before 30 minutes, you will be given seat).

continuation

First day, flight was full, so went back home. Next day my seat was confirmed over phone, flew to JFK. Did the immigration and customs. Went to Singapore Air lines to check about connecting flight to Chicago by American Airlines. She said go to American Airlines (AA) at terminal 9 (Singapore Air lines lands at terminal 1 at JFK).

Ok, went to Terminal 9. There stood in the line for 40 min, it was long queue. Now AA Officer tells, Singapore air lines did not notify them about change, so she gave two options – either buy a new ticket or go back to Singapore air lines get changed the dates.

Ok, went back to Singapore airlines counter at terminal 1, asked them to confirm my tickets to Chicago from JFK. They said, no they WILL not do. You buy new tickets for Chicago or beg AA. Came back to AA counter, this time, stood in the line, this time it was different AA person at the counter, explained situation, finally he gave me new tickets with out any payment. All this process took about 4 hours. There was another person in the similar situation. So be care-full to confirm your tickets for entire journey. Do not leave any stone for Singapore airlines. I had had very good image about Singapore airlines earlier.

Congrats

Congratulations on your Green Card. Could you please tell me how long it took you from sending Packet 3 to get an interview.

thanks
BKS

congratulations.----I have two questions.

hi,
 I am going for cp in singapore in 2nd half of this month.
1. where u did your medicals? How many days they took to give your report? can u explain the process? can u give their phone#. Do we need any appointment? Do they give report to our hand?
2. Did they ask your I-140 original approval notice?

thanks for your support

medicals & 140

1) Look at ffang\'s posting at
ffang "Successful CP @ Montreal -- Jan 18, 2002" 2/4/02 9:49pm

i did at Horne& chin pte, Scotts Rd, Shaw centre. They will deliver to embassy. They take about five days.

2) No. They did not ask for I140. I guess they have entire file.

PC Clearance

How did you manage to get a PCC from the local Police station in India.

thx
Bala

Affidavit of support?

Is notarization is required for Affidavit of support in Singapore?

thanks

details about getting Singapore PC and Indian PC

singcp,
did you have to send the original passport everytime for getting the singapore PC and the Indian PC. Also, how long did it take you to get each. Please also specifiy the Indian PC certificate from the local police station in India.
I am going for CP in Signapore . Have recd the pkt3 and am working on filing for the police clerance certificates. Would greatly appreciate any advise you could give.
Thanks
Neeraj

Singapore PC

For Singapore Police certificate, downloaded from Singapore Police web site, you also need to send a DD. I got it from my bank and charged $10 per DD. Singapore police issues the certificate after 10 working days. For India, I guess it depend mostly on the whims of local police. You should also try to get Police scrtificate from nearest Indian Counsulate.

Thanks for the advice

Thanks for the advise. I have already gotten the forms for Singapore and also for Indian PC certificate from Washington embassy.

Sing PCC

I stayed in singapore for 8 mos. Do i need to get a PCC from singpre for my CP, which i am expecting in Madras. My lawyer says not required for since its less than a year. Bombay consulate states the same but Madras consulate says its required and so does most of the information in the websites. please help.

Question on downloaded forms- URGENT

Where did you download the P4 forms from? I might have a similar situation to yours where I will not receive the P4. I have interview at Singapore on July 18 and will be leaving US on July 7.
Would appreciate your quick response

nadki please post your CP experience in Singapore

Please post your CP experience in singapore