CP Details - interview on Jan 14 2002 New Delhi

raj10

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends:

As I already wrote, I had a successful CP in New Delhi on Jan 14. Let me share the details with you all.

I stayed at hotel vasanth continental in vasant vihar in new delhi. It is a decent hotel and not as expensive as other 5 star hotels. I got it thru indian travel agent at $70 a nite. It is 15-20 min drive to Dr Jain office and similar to consulate. Hotel Ashoka is nearer to consulate but more money.

Medical was as usual. We reached Dr Jain\'s office at 9:30 am. They filled out some forms and sent us for X-ray (BTW the X Ray was not used - it is still with me ... sealed) Then Dr Jain called in for physical. He asks Ladies to goto a dingy little room and change into a gown and wait there. This changing room has a shop on the back side and you can see and hear people talking - it is not possible to close the window fully - but I did not have much problem as there is place in the room which is away from the window where you can change - only little awkward. Then Dr Jain called back into room (by this time husband\'s medical was over) and took blood and gave the vaccination shots. did a quick physical in 30 sec and said - done. The vaccination arm started hurting pretty soon (as other people have said also) and slight pain was there for 2-3 days.

Interview day was the coolest ever. We reached consulate at 7:50 am and got in pretty soon. Were made to sign Part II forms and take oath. Then asked to sit. Cashier opens at 9.00 am so we were asked to pay fees at 9.00 (each person was assigned a number while signing forms - and fee paying was in that order. My number was 13 and initially they said numbers 1-10 pay fees. We were waiting and they called out my name for interview. A nice indian lady was at the counter. She asked for my passport, photos and DS forms. She then asked for my Birth Cert copy(I had non availability cert, affadavits and class 10 cert) Then for marriage cert copy. Then for PCC (gave CGI SFO PCC). Then for IRS 9003 forms, then for company letter, then for medical cert. Asked: how long have you been working for current company ? I said: 18 months.
Then asked for photographs, passport, Birt cert copy and medical cert from husband.
She then said give fee payment receipt - I said not paid fee yet - she said - pay it and bring receipt. I went to cashier line and paid fee in US Dollars cash - this was painless as did not have to go make drafts etc. Also, the dollar-rupee rate had gone up starting 14 Jan itself and they were accepting drafts for lower amount and rest of the amount in cash indian rupees from other applicants. But beware - they will not accept Draft for one fee (issuance or application) and US Dollars for the other - both fees must be paid same way - I saw one couple have this problem as they had only one draft.
I took this receipt back to counter lady - she took receipt and said - come back at 4.00 pm. That\'s it. I was done by 9:45 am!!!
But I know other people who had to stay till 3.00 pm. There was noone else from the forum on same day so did not meet anyone.

We reached consulate back at 4.00 pm and got seated inside. They have a little coffee-snack counter. We took coffee (not nice tasting) and waited. My name was called at 4.55 pm and same morning lady handed packets and passport back and said - here is your immigrant visa. We checked everything - it was in order so we left.

POE was Atlanta on 19th Jan 2002. We were made to stand in visitors line - when we reached counter officer asked us to go to another room and deposit visa. We did that. We were fingerprinted and passport stamped and told - expect plastic card to arrive in 6-8 months ... if you do not get it in more than 10 months - contact Texas Service center.

We were happily on our way - CP Rocks!!! The whole process took 4 months.

All the best for the other CPers.

Hey Raj - CONGRATULATIONS....Great Going...

I bet u\'d a good time at Vasant Continental(did that $70.00 included tax, cos\' luxury tax is almost 25 % there)...
did u watch any movie at Priya....Priya Complex used to be the hottest spot in Delhi before Anupam PVR came...
Thanks for sharing the info with us...got my PCC from CGNY today along 2 other Delhi CP guys..I\'ll email u later...Good Luck for future...

Regarding Medical

Hi Raj Congrats for your success.

I have a question regarding medical, my wife is a bit suseptical going for the same at Dr Jain\'s clinic so we have taken with Dr Shakuntala. What does medical includes for males and females.

Thanks in Advance

At Dr Jains office it

At Dr Jains office it includes XRAY, vaccination, blood drawing and very quick physical examination (with stethescope etc)
Some other people might have posted exp with Dr Shakuntala