CP denial case for "Out of Status" on Imminfo.com ..check it out!!!!!

gcwala

Registered Users (C)
Guys i came across a case of CP denied on http://www.imminfo.com..login as guest and go to Consular Immigration Visa and search for Cp denied in that discussion board...after going through that posting the reason was nothing but the person was out of status because he didnt take couple of semesters in the school....i guess most of us who studies here must have dropped summer 1 and summer 2 as not many courses are offered...this is not to scare anyone but be aware that this can also happen!! On this board i have not seen any rejection except one which was unfortunate because of the employer...again i guess anyone who is unfortunate and rejected for some reason is in no position to post the experience on this site..thats the reason v only see good experiences over here...just a fact as i was also surprised when i checked imminfo.com...lets discuss !!

gcwala -

Actually, I would like to point out one correction to your post.

You as a foreign student are not supposed to enrolled in Summer1 & Summer2 to maintain the status. The requirement is only for Spring & Fall Semester, unless you have a quarter system.

So, if someone did not have a quarter system and did not take Summer 1 or 2, then don\'t worry. You will be not out of status.

The requirement is :

1) You have to register for whatever your school says as minimum credits to maintain "Full Time" status. For my school, it was 12 credits. Some schools have 9.

2) You have to pass all the courses you have registered for. If you fail in any of the course, you will be out of status (I am not sure of this 100 %, but that\'s my understanding).

This is what I know of. Others, please put in your comments.

My 2 cents

waitnwatch

1 You are correct about the Spring/Fall semester "full time course load" only requirement. Enrolling in Summer semester is NOT a requirement to stay "in status"

2. Failing in a course does NOT get you out of status. It is OK to fail a course. Requirement is only for "full load" Enrollment.

Also as a student on F-1 visa you are reinstated even if you have been out of status just by travelling out of the country and making a fresh entry. So even if you have been out of status by dropping courses etc you are re-instated if you have made a fresh entry.

Hope this helps...

Thanks to gcwala to bring this posting to attention.. but nothing much to worry about

my 2 cents....dudeap

i called up my univ\'s international students office and they said: u need to be enrolled full time (min. of 12 credits each quarter) for 3 consecutive quarters in an academic year. Hence, U NEED NOT register during summer to maintain a lawful F1 full time student status. in case u have completed all course work and are simply working on ur thesis, u need to register for 1 thesis credit per quarter only to maintain status.

hopefully this applies to all univs in the US.

all the best to u guys

No Title

I would like to know how the consular found out about the enrollment back in school. CP process does not require transcripts from your collge.

Go to http://www.imminfo.com ..

then go to forums login as guest and search on cp in the consuller immigration visa forum you can check the whole case...

No Title

I tried but it didn\'t let me connect to discussion forum.
Can you paste the dicussion on this board?

Dont stress

if you were always on H1 then you were in "GOOD Status"

some situations in student status like
1 - Going below course load for no reason. Medical certificate can cure that problem after you end up dropping courses due to bad grade. But you have to take care of it then... with your foreign student advisor
2 - Unauthorized Working... I am not sure how strick they are implementing this

But also if you have made a fresh entry in the country after you have been out of status then it is "supposed" to get you back in status... it was true atleast before Aug 31 1997. There was some law that was to be enforced for people out of status on Aug 31,1997

Question along the same lines

Guys,
Here is a question regarding my case.
I started school in a quarter system based school in the Fall.
Then I transfered to a school with semester system for the spring quarter. I took enough courseload to be in status.
In the summer, not many courses were offered and no funding/assistantship was available, so I took a summer job off campus with authorization from the International office. This job had nothing to do with the curriculum and was in a cafetaria off campus in a different location.
Will this situation, where I took a semester off and worked off campus with authorization, cause in any problems?
I know tons of people who did this. Please suggest.
MJ1

CP denied

Guys,

Please don\'t get excited. This case is unique bcos the DHAKA ConOff (one oriental gentleman) was being an asshole. He has
denied other people ImmigVisas for any number of stupid reasons (not valid). His decisions have been overturned several
times by the State Department in DC.

BOttomline, only "unlawful presence" of more than 180 days is the onlyissue for CP (also fraud, crime, HIV). I know many
approvals from India where the persons on F-1 skipped a few semesters without enrollment.

Please remember that the ConOff has strict statutory regulations about CP and has no discretion in an IV case. The state department
field inspector manual provides all this info!

unclesam

CP Montreal in Mid-June, can a H1B holder leave USA during this period?

I am a Canadian citizen, CP interview in Montreal in Mid-June. I am holding H1B visa currently. I am thinking of doing Medical in Vancouver in early June and come back to USA. Then I will go to Montreal only for the interview. I am just wonder if there are reentry issues with leaving US and coming back again with H1B? Anyone has experience with it? I have not ever leave US after I have the H1B visa. Thanks.