CP Delhi....

googly

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I need some help...here are the details.

I sent all my documents to Delhi embassy, here are the dates:

- Documents recieved by embassy 14th August'03. A provisional case opened but some other documents were required in origional.

- The second round of documents recieved by embassy on Sep'25. E-mail sent to me stating the interview will be in Nov.

- Nov'03 dates are announced on the wesite but the interview for this case is not scheduled.

Wanted to know if this is something normal. Should I contact the embassy and ask them again for a tentative date.

When do you folks think the interview will be scheduled.

Regards,

Originally posted by googly
Folks,

I need some help...here are the details.

I sent all my documents to Delhi embassy, here are the dates:

- Documents recieved by embassy 14th August'03. A provisional case opened but some other documents were required in origional.

- The second round of documents recieved by embassy on Sep'25. E-mail sent to me stating the interview will be in Nov.

The e-mail or the phone responses are usually by operators/assistants in the embassy. The reply/information in most cases are correct but not always. The thumb rule for the interview date is if the completed application of an individual reaches the consulate before the 20th of the month, the interview will be most likely in the second folloing month.

So for you the most likely month of interview will be Dec 2003.

- Nov'03 dates are announced on the wesite but the interview for this case is not scheduled.

Don't worry. You will (most probably) have an interview in Dec 2003.

Wanted to know if this is something normal. Should I contact the embassy and ask them again for a tentative date.

Yes. This is normal. You may call the embassy or e-mail them but that will not help you getting an interview in November 2003.

So just relax and wait for the Dec 2003 interview dates to be announced.

When do you folks think the interview will be scheduled.

Call the Embassy or e-mail them in another 2 weeks to know the status of your case.

Regards,

googly

Is your case AC I140 or the normal one? I sent my documents(AC I140) to new delhi embasy in september. They received the package on 29th sepember. No response yet. Could you tell me how long did it take for you to get a response from the embassy after they received your documents.

damsel'ndistres...

It is the case for my wife (I824) but my understanding is that both the cases are almost similar.

In our case it took about couple of weeks for them to respond back. But 2-3 weeks is normal, it kinda depends upon the workload they have!!!

Generally, they send mails to your attorney...who as we all know...have a tendency to foget informing their customers or sometimes even not have the courtesy of reading the mail.
Atleast this happened in my case.

Mail them directly (do not know if you have done that already or not) with all the information and see if they respond back after that.

Good Luck!!!

Counsellate fee & sending packet

Hi!
Please tell me what is the best way for sending the packet(AC I 140) to Delhi? And when r we suppose to send the fee of $335.00?

Thanks

Re: Counsellate fee & sending packet

If you are pursuing AC-140 then you would have to pay the fee in Indian Rupees equivalent at the time of interview by a bank draft. Only when one is pursuing regular CP does s/he have to pay US$335 to NVC

titu

Originally posted by goyal
Hi!
Please tell me what is the best way for sending the packet(AC I 140) to Delhi? And when r we suppose to send the fee of $335.00?

Thanks