CP Date for 1st week of January

verabar

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have a CP Interview date of 6th January and the earliest ticket i am getting is of 30th Dec. Will it be OK to go at this date since i will have only 2-3 working days to complete the Medical Examination. Or should i ask the Consulate to reschedule it for 2nd week in January ? Will they do it ?

An urgent response will be highly appreciated.
:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
The consulate web site says that - The medical exam should occur after the laboratory tests and be at least two working days before the IV appointment.

However it should not be a problem for you if you plan and attend for medical tests as soon as you reach india. Telephone the doctors during working hours and make an appointment. As per my knowledge, many of these doctors/hospitals in the list are open on saturdays too. Get an appointment before you start.

Alternatively, you can send an email to consulate requesting postpone. But be ready to attend it on Jan 6th, since you can't expect positive response from consulate.

fyi.. None of the Hospitals are allowing for a Sat/Sun. Appointment. It is only Mon to Fri. My concern is that in the worst case scenario, if i am not able to get my medical done before the Interview, what will be the outcome ?

This is for Mumbai Consulate and i called them on 5th of Dec. and found out about the date.

verabar:

I just did my medicals at breach candy on 10/17. REceived medical results same afternoon at 3pm.

I think you should schedule your medicals as soon as possible and looking at the calendar your only options are 1st, 2nd and 5th jan. Neither Breach Candy not Lilavati nor Hinduja accept weekend appointments. First off call one of the hospials right now to schedule your appointment!

As long as you or derivative candidates do not have any medical past you should be fine. IF you or derivative candidates are on medication in usa orhave undergone some surgery please carry your medical papers form usa as they are required. But for some reason you do not get your medcials report prior to the interivew you can always turn them in later and then get your gc approval.

Kd :

Thanks for the reply. Will the consulate give me a 2nd chance to produce my medical ? and will it be in the same month ?

YEs basically if you do not have the medical results with you on the date of the interview your file along with family if any will be put on hold until you get the medcials results. Once you get the medicals you can walk in any day that month between tues-fri at 8am.

But as far as possible carry your medicals prior to the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
verabar,
when was your file sent to consulate?
My file is sent on 3rd dec and I am trying to contemplate if I can get a January interview. Hence was curious as what part of Novemeber did they receive ur case in Mumbai?
Thanks,
vermontcp

Vermontcp, My file was sent to consulate on 28th Oct. i think your interview will be in Feb 2004

vermontcp:

You can definitely try calling the consulate to request january interview. But two points:
1. I dont think your p3 file has been entered in the consulate system yet since it takes about 1 week to reach india and then another week to be entered in the system.

2. The january interviews must have been already scheduled by now since the final schedule is done by around 10th of the month for next month. This gives them about 4-5 days to double check the list and publish by 15th of the month.

kd1403,
I called up Consulate yesterday night (8th dec India time) and found that my case was already entered in the system. Quite surprising!
Anyway,they could not help me out with the interview date though..They have just put a note in my file that I have requested a January interview date! Lets see if they can do so..

Thanks for your input & being so thoughtful about this...

vermontcp:

Awesome that the p3 has been entered in their system already. The fact that they have made a note of it is also a good thing...may not result into a jan interview but still that means if there is anyway they can accomodate they will try to do so.

On the other hand those expecting jan interview can call bbay consulate since interview dates have been scheduled. I spoke to one of the active members of this forum whose interview has been scheduled for last week of january. I will leave it to him to disclose his name and date of interview.

kd1403

Thanks for the tip on Jan '04 interview dates @ Mumbai. I am expecting Jan '04 date - in fact when I called the consulate about a month ago, the person said that they were working on getting me Jan interview and told me to contact them in Dec.

Also Mumbai consulate replied to my query about PCC. I will need PCC from US only but my wife will have to get one from the local police station in Mumbai also - my guess is since she has been here for 7 months only.

KAT02.

kat02:

I am assuming you already have or have applied for the PCC in usa since it takes about 6 weeks to get one from the indian embassy!

Also for your wife you are correct she will need to get pcc from india...you may want to get a pcc for her from the indian embassy in usa just in case she is not able to obtain pcc form local police and passport office in india!

Interview date

Guys

I called up Mumbai consulate last night and got through after trying for about 80-90 minutes. My interview is on Jan 15, 2004 @ 8.15 AM. Packet 4 was mailed to my US address on Dec 4. So I should be getting it shortly. I have to book tickets immediately. Mine is AC-140 case; entered into the system on Oct 27.

My preference for medicals is Hinduja and from the comments I have seen here, it seems to be fine.

kd1403: My wife and I got PCC from Indian consulate, SFO already. In my wife's case, Mumbai police indicated that they can start the procedure with photocopies of her passport and std. time is 3 weeks. I am sending the documents today to initiate the process.

I read some postings about transit visa requirements. Does one need a transit visa if the US Visa stamp in one's passport is current and valid? Which airlines do not need transit visa?

KAT02

kat02:

Great that you are getting the indian pcc process started right away! Make sure they folks get them and that you get the required pcc in 3 weeks!

Does one need a transit visa if the US Visa stamp in one's passport is current and valid?
AnsweR: No. If one has a usa visa stamped in the passport one does not need a transit visa of the country one flies through on way to india. But there are exceptions so best option is once you have decided on what country you will fly into on way to india...you might want to check that country's consulate web site to confirm the requirements.

Which airlines do not need transit visa?
Answer: It does not really depend on the airline. It depends on the country that airline flies into on way to india.

Note: Since I did not have my h-1b extension revalidated into my passport and since i was flying through paris in late october I was required to get a transit visa from the french embassy in washington dc.

UK Embassy:
http://www.britainusa.com/visas/visas.asp

French Embassy:
http://www.consulfrance-washington.org/visas/visasen.htm

These transit visa rule change quite often so check them as and when you think there is a need for transit visa!

Kd1403,

I have a question about the birth certificate. I have the birth certficate in the local language ( Gujarati ), and the name is missing. Also the parent's name are spelled incorrectly like Lal & Ben is added. In this case will it be ok if i take the affidavit from the parents or do i need other certificates also ? like the non availability certificate. Since the Birth certificate already exists in local language, will they give the non availability certificate ?

One gets a NAC only when BC is not available. Sicne in your case BC is available you cannot get a NAC. In this event, get affidavit of births from each of your parents stating all the details such as your name, parents full name, date of birth and place of birth and so on and make sure it it notarized. Preferrably get it in english!