CP Approved in Dhaka, Bangladesh on Feb13th, 2002

biman roy

Registered Users (C)
I got my CP approved on the 13th of February,2002 at the Dhaka US Embassy. Was asked a lots of questions but the whole interview went smooth. The interview lasted for about 8 minutes for me and my wife.I came back last night via Chicago Port of entry and the Immigration Officers were helpful enough to stamp our passports. Any question is welcome.

Thanks

Congrats.....

Biman bhai,

Congratulation!!!

I\'m also up for the CP in the near future.
    Could you let me know how long it took for your I-140 and get CP interview date?
    How about Police clearance or FBI check thing ?
    Did they ask you for any additional papers (not in the checklist)?
    Please share us some experiences. Thanks

No Title

Need to know what type of documents you took, questions asked and the medicals. If you could post that and also if you can be contacted by email, will be greatly appreciated.

No Title

Biman--Your input will be greatly appreciated---Please answer some of our questions--also can you be contacted by Email--thks..

Interview and Document!

I got inside the Embassy at 8:10 AM. A gentleman took all the documents and the passports from us within half an hour. After an hour they called our names for paying the Immigration Visa Application Fee(Equivalent Taka of $260.00. Their rate was 58.00 Taka/US Dollar). We were called for the actual interview 45 minutes after paying the Fee. First we had to sign the Form DS230-II in front of the counselor and then he started to go through our files with continues questions:
1.Which company do you work for?
2.Since when?
3. What type of visa do you have right now?
4. What other type of visas did you have before?
5. How many schools did you go to in the USA?
6. Do you have all the old I-20\'s?
7.When did you graduate?
8.What is your salary right now?
9. Briefly describe what exactly do you do at work?
10. Where are you gonna work when you go back? (must be the petitioner!)
11.How did you meet your wife?
12.How long have you known each other before marriage?
13.Where did you get married?
14.Who got you married?
15.Where does your wife live now? What type of visa does she have?
16.Show some wedding pictures.
17.Does she work?(My wife was in H4 so she was not permitted to work)
18.Checked all my signs!
19. Took Form I-134 for wife\'s Affidavit of Support. Has to be notarized
20. Took tax transcripts and W2\'s for the last three years
21. Took bank statements for the last two months
22. Pay stubs for the last 8 periods
23. Employment letter with the startdate, position, salary and words offering you a job. (This is the most important document). This also has to be notarized.
24. Went to Dr. Wahab in Baridhara for medical. Matter of only 20-30 minutes. But according to my experience these people are bunch of jerks. Don\'t say anything just get it done. Medical report packet will be returned the next day.

Any questions are welcome!!!!

Details!

We got inside the Embassy at 8:10 AM. A gentleman took all the documents and the passports from us within half an hour. After an hour they called our names for paying the Immigration Visa Application Fee(Equivalent Taka of $260.00. Their rate was 58.00 Taka/US Dollar). We were called for the actual interview 45 minutes after paying the Fee. First we had to sign the Form DS230-II in front of the counselor and then he started to go through our files with continues questions:
1.Which company do you work for?
2.Since when?
3. What type of visa do you have right now?
4. What other type of visas did you have before?
5. How many schools did you go to in the USA?
6. Do you have all the old I-20\'s?
7.When did you graduate?
8.What is your salary right now?
9. Briefly describe what exactly do you do at work?
10. Where are you gonna work when you go back? (must be the petitioner!)
11.How did you meet your wife?
12.How long have you known each other before marriage?
13.Where did you get married?
14.Who got you married?
15.Where does your wife live now? What type of visa does she have?
16.Show some wedding pictures.
17.Does she work?(My wife was in H4 so she was not permitted to work)
18.Checked all my signs!
19. Took Form I-134 for wife\'s Affidavit of Support. Has to be notarized
20. Took tax transcripts and W2\'s for the last three years
21. Took bank statements for the last two months
22. Pay stubs for the last 8 periods
23. Employment letter with the startdate, position, salary and words offering you a job. (This is the most important document). This also has to be notarized.
24. Went to Dr. Wahab in Baridhara for medical. Matter of only 20-30 minutes. But according to my experience these people are bunch of jerks. Don\'t say anything just get it done. Medical report packet will be returned the next day.
Any questions are welcome!!!!

No Title

Biman:
Your medical was done after the interview---Did they give you any vaccines? Also visa was issued same day or following day--
I134---Have you notarized it from a notary public or some one else.
Thanks again

Medical!

You must have your medical done before the interview. Without that they will return you from the Embassy. I got the I-134 notarized from a notary public from my work. Every company has one or two people who are authorized to notarize. Visa was issued the same day in the evening after I paid the visa issuance fee ($65/person). I was given a slip to pick up the visa. We took all the vaccines while we were in the USA.(TD,MMR,Flu shot, Hepatitis B which includes three shots,and one other). You must take your vaccination record from here otherwise they will force you to take all that and needless to say the nurses back home will hurt you quite bad.

Hope it helps...