!!!!!CP and 7th or 8th year extension term

prosix

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone filed 7th or 8th year extension while CP is in progress? If so, please let me know if any one has recived extension for 3 year or they just give 1 year extension.

following is the response I have recieved from my attorney and to me it seems like 3 years extension is only available to I-485 filers.

Q. Are they issuing 3 year extensions now?

A: Yes, but the language of that portion of the law (relating to three year extensions) suggests that this is only available to those individuals who are seeking their permanent residency via Adjustment of Status in the U.S., not those who are Consular Processing. We will be glad to request a three-year extension on your behalf, but just understand that a strict interpretation of the law may prohibit the immigration service from granting a 3-yr. extension. You are, however, clearly eligible for a one-year extension, so there is no question that your visa can be extended. The only question is for how long?

i dont know why you shouldn't qualify for a 3 year extension.....

i am on a CP track and i got a 3 year extension too.....

also, has anybody here gotten a visa stamp from canada before?
i am thinking about getting my 7 year extension visa stamped in canada this christmas but the US embassy website says that i can't schedule an interview till 10 days before the expiration of the 6th year on H1?

does anybody know anything about that?

thanks

June04 said:
Really ??

I got one year extension like prosix in the month of April. My six years got over in July.

Nishokie,
Were you able to get the multiple visa stamped in Canada after the 7thyr Extension.

If so, how difficult/easy was it to get it done, can you shed some light into it.

Thanks,
-DR.

how about...

Due to the current problem of retrogression, let us consider a hypothetical situation.

A H-1b expires in 6 years and the visa holder gets a 3 yr extension in time. The three years pass & this extension is about to expire with no gc in sight. What happens now? Is the visa holder eligible for another 3-yr extension or is it a one time thing??