CP & Non-immigrant Visa!!!!!Please Answer soon

smani

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am planning on going to US Consulate in Chennai for my CP. If my CP is granted, I\'ll be provided with a sealed envelope which must be opened at the Port of Entry (in US) by the Immigration officer. As soon as my immigrant visa is granted, they cancel my H-1B visa (& also, I don\'t have a H-1B visa stamp in my passport even though I have valid H-1b status till Dec 2003). My question is:
1. When I do my transit in Amsterdam (I fly KLM), they will check for my US Visa. What should I do? I can just show them the sealed envelope, but what other proof I can show them? Will there be something else provided by consulate?
2. If my CP is rejected for some reason (you never know), Can I get my H-1B Visa than? Or its safe to get the H-1B Visa stamping before appearing for CP?

Thanks.

Did you get your GC ?

I see that you have posted on Nov 6. What was your experience at the Chennai consulate ? Have you got your GC ?

Unpaid vacation and CP

My I-140 has been approved and I am currently on an Unpaid leave.Can I go for the CP interview being on Unapaid/Family medical leave