Courtesy Violation Notice - Federal Building/Establishments

usc_sigma

Registered Users (C)
I received a Courtesy Violation Notice within the USCIS for offloading passengers in red zone. The security officer who stands in front of the USCIS gave the violation notice and mentioned that there is no fine and it is more of a warning and will go in to thier systems. Any repeated violation within Federal building may invite fines.

I have my interview scheduled in the next 2 weeks and I do not know what to make of this violation notice. This looks more like a parking violation to me and should this be disclosed? I read elsewhere in the forum that parking viloations need not be disclosed.

Please share your opinion.

Relax

usc_sigma said:
I received a Courtesy Violation Notice within the USCIS for offloading passengers in red zone. The security officer who stands in front of the USCIS gave the violation notice and mentioned that there is no fine and it is more of a warning and will go in to thier systems. Any repeated violation within Federal building may invite fines.

I have my interview scheduled in the next 2 weeks and I do not know what to make of this violation notice. This looks more like a parking violation to me and should this be disclosed? I read elsewhere in the forum that parking viloations need not be disclosed.

Please share your opinion.

Its a moving violation, more like a red light camera ticket, but with no fine. He just wanted to become a butt head, no need to give someone a ticket for an innocous mistake. If I were you, I will sleep well and never worry about this at all. The security guard just wanted to to mess with you, if immigration officers gave security people access to my information, then I would be terrified to work with them.

For example, if you get a $25 ticket for an expired meter, or you get a $256.00 fine for speeding and reckless driving, plus 4 points on your drivers license, which of these two would concern the USCIS more? You guess!!!!
So, be concerned about nothing. Lastly, how often would an adjudication of N400 turn up a moving violation in front of the USCIS building? Nada, so you mght be the first... which I doubt....

Al Southner said:
Its a moving violation, more like a red light camera ticket, but with no fine. He just wanted to become a butt head, no need to give someone a ticket for an innocous mistake. If I were you, I will sleep well and never worry about this at all. The security guard just wanted to to mess with you, if immigration officers gave security people access to my information, then I would be terrified to work with them.

For example, if you get a $25 ticket for an expired meter, or you get a $256.00 fine for speeding and reckless driving, plus 4 points on your drivers license, which of these two would concern the USCIS more? You guess!!!!
So, be concerned about nothing. Lastly, how often would an adjudication of N400 turn up a moving violation in front of the USCIS building? Nada, so you mght be the first... which I doubt....

i agree.

Did he note down your name and registration? If not, I doubt there is much liklihood of the "ticket" ever finding its way into your USCIS file. Frankly, I can't see USCIS people bothering to cross check your vehicle tags with the DMV for such a trivial matter.

Yes, he did. He noted down my DL and license plate no and gave a receipt retaining the copy to himself. My guess is that system will generate tickets depending on the frequency of violation and this system has nothing to do with DMV/traffic court. WIth the terrorist threats on the rise, I heard that the fines can be huge for repeat offenders on federal establishments.

I had heard in this forum, that IOs during interview ask are there any violations since N400 was filed. I am not planning to disclose this and since this was with in USCIS, I was guessing that IOs may have access to this violation.

Seems to me that it's like getting pulled over for speeding and getting a warning instead of a ticket. I wouldn't classify that as a "citation". It only becomes a citation if you have a second violation.

The good news is that you are just about to have your interview, so you only have to visit the USCIS one more time in your life!

One thing...

usc_sigma said:
Yes, he did. He noted down my DL and license plate no and gave a receipt retaining the copy to himself. My guess is that system will generate tickets depending on the frequency of violation and this system has nothing to do with DMV/traffic court. WIth the terrorist threats on the rise, I heard that the fines can be huge for repeat offenders on federal establishments.

I had heard in this forum, that IOs during interview ask are there any violations since N400 was filed. I am not planning to disclose this and since this was with in USCIS, I was guessing that IOs may have access to this violation.

USC Si....

If you are asked about a moving violation or citations, then you will be well-off in disclosing this ridiculous and trivial matter, because you have a copy from MR. SMART... the security officer. So, be upfront, so that you can take away the power from USCIS or interviewing officer. Remember, USCIS employees seem themselves as better than you or on a high moral ground, and just take away any leverage from them.

So, you are on solid ground to your citizenship, so don't blow it. One guy just got himself a DUI last week, and his interview is in in two weeks, so his nuts are on fire. He just hired a lawyer to defend him against this stupid, but serious case, and will surely suffer at his interview for this indiscretion. So, don't drink anything until you are sworn in.. ;)

Concerns on disclosure

My concern on disclosing is that the mere notice does not vindicate my stand that its a warning. If I have committed the same too frequently, the issuing officer does not know but the system, when the information gets in, can issue a fine or charge. So, disclosing at this stage may make the officer not clear on the outcome of this notice. Here is my defense, just in case, if he happens to know and ask about it:

1. This is not a citation nor a traffic ticket
2. There is no fine involved here

I can still answer "no" for the question "Have you ever been cited, detained, arrested by a law enforcement officer?" and it would still be a truth.