Courtesy copy of approval

hytex

Registered Users (C)
I received Courtesy copy of my 485 approval this week. The original is sent to my company attorney. Will it be OK to carry the courtesy copy for passport stamping appointment or should I wait for the Attorneys to send me the official/original copy of the approval? Also, could somebody please advice on what documents to carry for the appointment. It would be helpful if people can share their experience with stamping in Dallas. Thanks.

Courtesy is fine. You need to take different infopass appointment for everyone in the family.

Infopass Printout.
Approval Courtesy copy.
2 Photoes + back your A# and Name with pencil (Passport Format only).
All your EAD.
All Your AP.
All Your I-94.
Passport Validity min. 6months (expiry not < 6months).

All the best.

BaSh

Travel after Passport Stamping

Thanks for the reply BaSh.
A further query: I am required to travel overseas at the end of this month. I would not have the plastic card by then. So, is the Passport stamping sufficient to re-enter the US or is there such a thing like temporary card that they issue to cover such situations?!

Cards in TSC are getting like 3 to 4 weeks span after your passport stampping. If you don't have card on hand and traveling through UK or Europian countries you need transit visa. But you are fine with the passport stamp to reenter and travel with the stamp. It says that you are temp. given a perm. residency for 1 year. Once you get cards thats all.

BaSh

All info correct as per BASH..

However the approval notice does not mention about AP or EAD and they are not required to be submitted..I did not have to submit my EADs/APs.

Everything else including INFOPASS appointment for each member are must.

:)

I140 / I485 Approved concurrently,RD 20 Feb'2004

My I-140 and I485 with RD of 20 FEB-2004 have been approved on 09-NOV-2004.

The details are:
EB2 RIR labor filed - Sep'2001 (Education:Masters in computers)
Moved to Federal in Aug 2002
Moved back to State in Sep 2003
Approved in Jan 2004 after recall from state to federal

I-140/I-485 RD - 20-FEB-2004
I-140/I-485 AD - 09-NOV-2004

Waiting for approval notice to get the passport stamped.

Jack1,

I-94, AP and EAD's are no longer valid even if you posses it. Some time the offier asks then you have to submit. For me officer took away all my AP, she did not asked for my EAD's.

In some USCIS offices they are asking all. So make sure carry all, if they ask submit, not keep in your Album.

BaSh

BaSh and Jack1 mention I94 along with AP, EAD to be submitted at the time of Passport stamping. Sorry for my ignorance, but is the I94 not required for international travel?! (I do assume here that submission means that they get to keep those docs.)
My Attorney had given me a copy of all the documents that were part of my 485 filing. Do I need to carry them along? Also, how about any docs related to my taxes etc. Thanks for the clarification(s).

Once You got passport stampped you got Perm. Resident status. So you don't require I-94 for your travel.

While return You have to just fill the Customs Form, and stand in the diffrent line at Port of Entry. Am I right Gurus....Correct me if I am wrong.

The specified Doc's are sufficient for the stampping. No tax docs or filing papers, keep for your record.

All the best for your stampping.

BaSh.

Guys correct me if I'm wrong but AFAIK, the permanent resident status is established with the I-1485 approval. In the plastic card, the "Permanent Resident since" date is the I-1485 approval date. So, you are a green card holder upon AOS approval. The PP stamp and the plastic card are the physical proof of that status.

Bash...I liked the concept of Album..I will definitely keep EADs/APs in Album..

That is why I told earlier...Carry all EADs/APs..But you can not submit something until and unless INS asked for it..and the approval notices do not mention anything for EADs/APs to be submitted at the time of Passport stamping...