couple questions about travel and employment authorization

Cranberries83

Hello
I have a couple questions about my employment and travel situation..any response is really appreciated.

I have this 485 pending case. It has been taking too long since december 2003, and i still havent received anything yet..when i check online it says:
"On December 6, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete"

even though this application was filed in december 2003..i just dont get it. it gives me a headache.

I got a letter from uscis (vermont) 6 months ago telling me they need to update my fingerprints..so of course i go wherever i was asked to go, have my fingerprints taken. and thats all about it on 485 case..
other than that my second employment card is almost due. Its expiring in this december. My attorney used to do all this stuff for me.. since he moved to another country, i have to do all this application stuff myself now (because i dont have money to pay for attorney). i mean..anyways my question is that since its going to expire soon... do i have to file an application for employment card and travel permit??? do i do both?
i have several vacations coming up. one of them is in early february. how long does it usually take to get the travel papers?
and i have the travel application form next to me..its asking me about my status here.. (class of admission) what should say over there?
and one more question..
do i have to go to the local ins service center? and would 'i dont wanna be here' looking people inside help me?
thanks for listening

Cranberries83 said:
Hello
I have a couple questions about my employment and travel situation..any response is really appreciated.

I have this 485 pending case. It has been taking too long since december 2003, and i still havent received anything yet..when i check online it says:
"On December 6, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete"

even though this application was filed in december 2003..i just dont get it. it gives me a headache.

I got a letter from uscis (vermont) 6 months ago telling me they need to update my fingerprints..so of course i go wherever i was asked to go, have my fingerprints taken. and thats all about it on 485 case..
other than that my second employment card is almost due. Its expiring in this december. My attorney used to do all this stuff for me.. since he moved to another country, i have to do all this application stuff myself now (because i dont have money to pay for attorney). i mean..anyways my question is that since its going to expire soon... do i have to file an application for employment card and travel permit???
------------- if you are working on EAD then one should file for EAD renewal 6 months advance. you need valid EAD or valid H1 for work. if you dont have valid VISA stamp to enter US then you need to have valid AP. AP need to be filed while you are in US and it need to be approved BEFORE you go out

do i do both?
----------file Both
i have several vacations coming up. one of them is in early february. how long does it usually take to get the travel papers?
-----------USCIS says file 6 months advance. AP may take3-4 months
and i have the travel application form next to me..its asking me about my status here.. (class of admission) what should say over there?

---------how did you enter US last time? if on H1 write H1 if used AP write AP. if dont understand write on cover letter the item# and explain and sign the cover letter with date
and one more question..
do i have to go to the local ins service center?
------------- file with the service center where I-485 is pending

and would 'i dont wanna be here' looking people inside help me?
-----------------????????????????
thanks for listening