country = other, FP done, any news??

AquaLung

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

If you are from country other than india/china and have done FP, do you have any news to share about your case status? Have you called IIO recently to check if it is taken up for adjudication?

thanks.

No Title

I am "Other". I-485 RD 12/13/99, FP done on 10/4/00. Haven\'t heard from INS and haven\'t called them either.

No Title

Thanks. If you call them, can you check when they are planning to take your case for adjudication?

I saw a post earlier today on isn.org for a nov99, other country case being transferred to the local office.

No Title

I am not sure, but would like to know if they (INS) processes country other at the different speed then chinese, indian...
My details RD 12/23/1999, ND 01/12/2000 FP Sep 26 2000 country - other, EB-2 , waiting to finally hear the good news soon

No Title

To answer your question ...

since almost all other country filers from oct99 thru Mar00 have their FP done while almost none from india/china during the same period, it is very likely that other country filers will get approvals faster, since indian/chinese nationals will have to wait to get FP done, before they get the gc.

If you call IIO, can you check when they are planning to take your case for adjudication?

No Title

kralj1973: Let\'s keep in touch. Seems like our cases have very similar dates so we should expect to hear from INS about the same time

No Title

my PD is 03/99, RD : 07/10/2000, ND : 07/19/00, Country : other, based
on cross chargeability, EB3, FP 11/18/00, no news so far

No Title

ND 8/12/00 FP 11/29/00
Do think i-485 approval goes by only RD?
Since my FP date 11/29/00, is there any chance
I will get my approval with in 3-4 month?

Thanks for sharing info!!!!!!!

No Title

hey,
my details,
country other, rd 12/99 nd 1/2000
i am sure ins will process our application as same speed as indians and chinese people. They process applications by Nd and that is it.
but i belive once they get to October cases we will see many approvals for november and december casese too.
i think we can see october approvals by end of this month. let us see what happens.
cheers,

No Title

I agree with hasanali; they\'ll process cases based on ND. So, when they come to cases from other countries, they\'ll see that the FP is already done and hence the case will be adjudicated asap. For india/china cases, they\'ll issue FP when they take up the case for review and hence those cases will take longer to get the actual GC. Whether we see a flurry of approvals or not really depends on whether they process cases for PD not current as well. If they continue to process those cases, then this grind will continue ...

hope for the better, but be ready for the worse ...