Counsler processing in Islamabad

CA123

Has anyone gone through counsler processing in Islamabad for an employment based visa. Please post your experience, it will be of great help.

Thanks

No Title

Hi, I\'ve recently completed my CP from Islamabad and reentered US. Thanks to all \'good smartans\' who helped me on the way with their suggestions and experiences, esp. Arif & Shahid. Let me know if I can be of any help to anyone.
GZ

No Title

GZ,

It is such a relief to hear from you. I have been posting messages regarding CP in Islamabad and had concluded that I may be the only person doing CP in Islamabad.

Would you please tell me of your experience and suggestions with regard to documents and other things that I need to keep in mind. We can either communicate through this message board or you can reach me at eulhaq@yahoo.com.

Thanks for your reply.

No Title

CA123,
I don\'t know what stage you are at right now? Approved I-140, Packet3 or 3.5?? If you have specific questions, please contact me at mghazal@hotmail.com
My experience with Islamabad Consulate has been pretty smooth. They actually asked me through my email when I would like to come for the interview!! Interview was a breeze, it took only 3 minutes. Actual challange is to get to the interview. I would suggest, if possible, ask someone in Pakistan to correspond with Consulate on your behalf, like send or recieve Packets 3/3.5 etc through Gerry\'s FedEx. Its more efficient.
Don\'t worry, if your case is clean and you have all the documents then its easier and lot faster than AOS. There are so many other guys/gals who have done it recently. Check other postings in \'Consular Processing\' forum for more info.
GZ

No Title

Hi,

I have send my packet 3 from US through regular Fedex. It is 2 weeks now. I am thinking about sending a downloaded version of packet 3.5 instead of waiting for packet 3.5 from consulate because I heard that it comes pretty slow. Could somebody tells me what to include in packet 3.5 and how to send it. Either by regular fedex or gerry\'s fedex.

Thanks.

No Title

Hi,

I just got my h1-b approved from US/CA employer and i\'m about to go to Gery\'s drop box to drop my package. Could you please guide me as to how long will it take them to process my package and if there is an interview, what do they usually ask in interview as well as what documents do they require us to bring for an interview?

thanks

FZ

From the time one receives packet 3.5, can someone share his/her experience afterwards in completing documents to a successful interview. Also, after successful interview is their a deadline (in months) one has to arrive at Port of Entry ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,
I also have applied for Consular processing from Islamabad in EB3.
Waiting for priority date to become available.
No questions for now... But would like to know if any one has a recent experience.
Thanks.
faranianq

Just wanted to keep this thread alive. And wanted to update that as priority dates have moved forward. My date is also current now. EB3 category going for consular processing.
I have sent packet 3 to NVC in September 07.
And now waiting for next instructional package which was sent to my lawyer's office from NVC as per recorded message.

Anyway, please post your recent experiences with Islamabad consulate for employement based green card.
What are the next steps and what to expect etc.
Thanks.
faranianq