Counslar Processing from Pakistan

imqwer

Registered Users (C)
Has any body recently got interviewed from Islamabad, Pakistan through CP?
Please share your experience if you have done it even long time back.
Also, could any one tell me about the Police Certificate? I have been living in the US for last 3 years. Do I have to get it somewhere from the US or will I have to get it from my local police station in Pakitsan?
I will appreciate any help in this regard.
imqwer

TXCP has got his GC thru CP from Islamabad as recent as 2-3 weeks back. Check this link and you can follow up with TXCP for details:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=91614

Also there are a couple of entries on cptracker.com with islamabad as consulate. I am sure if you get in touch with those folks they should be able to answer your questions if they specific or related to Islamabad consulate.

hope this helps!

Folks who have got / are in the process of getting GC from Islamabad:

User ID: Email Id
TXCP: AnserS@yahoo.com (interview was on 6/24/2003 - got GC)
Zaye: moneeb99@hotmail.com (interview date 9/18/2003)
HpeSprgsEtrnl :sfarh@yahoo.com (interview not yet scheduled)

I am sure these folks will be of direct help!

Take care and all the best!

Originally posted by kdivekar
Folks who have got / are in the process of getting GC from Islamabad:

User ID: Email Id
TXCP: AnserS@yahoo.com (interview was on 6/24/2003 - got GC)
Zaye: moneeb99@hotmail.com (interview date 9/18/2003)
HpeSprgsEtrnl :sfarh@yahoo.com (interview not yet scheduled)

I am sure these folks will be of direct help!

Take care and all the best!

Thanks for the intro kdivekar - as always you are very helpful :)

imqwer - to answer your question, you will need to get a police certificate (PCC) from Pakistan and any other country where you have lived for more than six months after reaching the age of 16. However, you do NOT have to obtain police clearance for your period of stay in the United States.

Let me know if you have any more questions and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Police Certificate ....

As Zaye has replied, you will need police certificate from Pakistan, and any other country where U have for more than 6 month since ur 16th birthday.

For your stay in US you donot need police certificate. Police certificate takes some where from 2 weeks to 2 months and more.

Other than police certificate U will need birth certificate ( with English translation ), if married you will need marriage certificate ( NIKH NAMA ) in english as well. You can look at the link I posted couple of weeks ago. I tried to be as detailed as I could. If you have any other questions you can post it here. Or send me email address. There was another person for CP the day I was interviewed. And both of us were approved.

some more questions

Dear friends who went through Islamabad (particularly Txcp and Zaye),
I only decided to go for CP after reading your messages on this site. I have just applied for I-140. So, I have to go a long way. However, I have a few questions. I would appreciate your experiences on that.

1. Is there any FBI clearance for those who go for CP? One of my friends told me that it takes a lot of time. Could you comment please. In fact, one of my own colleague did not use CP because he says that FBI clearance is taking a lot of time.

2. What are the time lines for you guys after filing I-140 till your interview in Islamabad? Lots of guys will benefit from this in future. Of cource, we can check form cptracker.com but would you mind putting here too like
a. I-140 say 6 months
b. next step - x months
and so on.

3. Also, can you compare your time between I-140 to interview through CP to some one else WHO you know did not choose CP and chose I- 485 instead.
I mean I want a comparison between the time it takes in case of CP or I 485 for applicants from Pakistan.

4. Does the US counslate in Pakistan carry out any back ground checks on the applicant like verifying his family information, working experience etc. in Pakistan? Any info ??

There is so much similar information present on this forum for applicants from India. So one can easily get a fair idea if one is going thru say Chennai. But there is a very little information only when it comes to Islamabad because there are only a few of you guys who have got it done from Islamabad. So dear friends, please come forward and put your own experiences for future readers.

I hope I am not asking too much. Please take some time and share your thoughts. This will help me and so many others in future.
I will greatly appreciate your help in this regard.

Last edited by a moderator:
CP timelines

I had the same feeling.......when I was in your shoes. And decided I will try doing my part. I think there are few but not as many candidates as from India. And once done we tend to forget about others.

About ur questions.........

I140 usually take 6 months....but i have heard it is moving faster in california. After I-140 approval, your file will be moved to NVC, and NVC takes something like 6 months then Ur file is moved to embassy/consulate. And then another 4-6 weeks for interview.
As far as FBI background check....NVC does a check but I am not sure how extensive. The embassy or consulate generally does not perform FBI background check. But for some cases they do it, and that is not a good news. B'c a normal FBI background check usually takes 8+ months. So if the consulate/embassy requests a background check then all U can do is wait. And that is usually requested at the time of the interview. So U are also stuck in the home country as well.

I-140 6 - 8 months
NVC 6 months
Interview 6 -8 weeks.

So U are looking around 1 year after labor. But these are not concrete.... I have seen one pakistani having I-140 approved to interview took 4 months. I hope U have stated consular processing in I-140 application. So if U are not in california, then U still have some time. Things start moving after I-140 approval.

This forum is very helpful, the requirements are pretty much same for each country. So an experience from other than Pakistan is good as well. I have found everyone very helpfull. You keep track of cptracker...and make your assumptions. B'c your guess is as good as mine..when it comes to immigration issues.

Re: some more questions

Originally posted by imqwer
Dear friends who went through Islamabad (particularly Txcp and Zaye),
I only decided to go for CP after reading your messages on this site. I have just applied for I-140. So, I have to go a long way. However, I have a few questions. I would appreciate your experiences on that.

1. Is there any FBI clearance for those who go for CP? One of my friends told me that it takes a lot of time. Could you comment please. In fact, one of my own colleague did not use CP because he says that FBI clearance is taking a lot of time

Per se, the NVC is supposed to do a background check on all CP applicants. I don't think anybody is sure as to how exactly how this is performed. I think what you are referring to is FBI clearance initiated by the embassy in Islamabad. From my knowledge, this is common practice in the case of non-immigrant visas (B1, H1, J1 etc). However, I have not heard of such FBI clearance checks being applied to IMMIGRANT visa applicants. Infact the most that I have heard of is the embassy performing a simple name check (which takes about five minutes during your interview). So in summary, I do not think delays due to FBI clearance are a significant concern when pursuing CP for immigrant visa.

2. What are the time lines for you guys after filing I-140 till your interview in Islamabad? Lots of guys will benefit from this in future. Of cource, we can check form cptracker.com but would you mind putting here too like
a. I-140 say 6 months
b. next step - x months
and so on.

I filed I-140 in Dec 2002. Approved (after responding to RFE) in Apr 2003 and Interview in Islamabad is scheduled for Sep 2003. Keep in mind that I-140 can take much longer depending on the sub-category you are filing in (i.e. E1 or E2-1 or E2-2) AND the service center (CSC is VERY fast these days with I-140 processing). However, from the time your I-140 is approved, I think NVC is moving very fast these days, and you can expect a consular interview within 4-6 months at Islamabad.

3. Also, can you compare your time between I-140 to interview through CP to some one else WHO you know did not choose CP and chose I- 485 instead.
I mean I want a comparison between the time it takes in case of CP or I 485 for applicants from Pakistan.

I can comment specifically on this question of yours. I have a close friend who applied for I-140 at the same exact time I did (2 days earlier). He opted for I-485 while I opted for CP. Our I-140's were approved at almost the same time. I am now scheduled for interview in Sep. He is still waiting. Currently in CSC, I-485 is taking almost 2 YEARS!! So even though, he is getting employment authorization and travel parole, it will still be quite some time before his green card comes through. I am hoping that my interview goes alright - and then hopefully I should be a permanent resident by September. In my case, pursuing CP made much more sense given the time factor.

4. Does the US counslate in Pakistan carry out any back ground checks on the applicant like verifying his family information, working experience etc. in Pakistan? Any info ??

I am sure they perform some sort of investigation. I have already mentioned that they may perform a name check. Additionally, you have to obtain police clearance before you appear for interview. I cannot comment on any additional investigation they perform. However, all people I have spoken to who pursued CP through Islamabad obtained their immigrant visa papers the same day as their interview. In the case of non-immigrant visas, Islamabad frequently takes several weeks to return passports (especially for young males) in order to perform background checks. Again, it appears that processing for immigrant visas is much smoother in Islamabad than for non-immigrant visas

There is so much similar information present on this forum for applicants from India. So one can easily get a fair idea if one is going thru say Chennai. But there is a very little information only when it comes to Islamabad because there are only a few of you guys who have got it done from Islamabad. So dear friends, please come forward and put your own experiences for future readers.

I hope I am not asking too much. Please take some time and share your thoughts. This will help me and so many others in future.
I will greatly appreciate your help in this regard.

I hope this information helps you. Keep in mind that all information I present is based on my opinion and experiences as well as info from other people I have corresponded with. I am no lawyer. However, the process for CP is so streamlined that I don't believe one needs to spend thousands of dollars on an attorney.

Good luck!

Thank you very much

Dear firends,
Thanks you very much. Your detailed responses have answered almost all of my questions. I deeply appreciate your help and guidance. I believe this thread will prove to be of great help to others in future too.
Thanks again.