Couldn't file H1 B in time

alien33

Hi,
I couldn't file my H1 in time for this year due to some paperwork issues at our company. I m currently on OPT valid till June 2004. I cannot get a new H1 till October 2004.

Is there a way I could keep working during the period from July to September 2004 on some visa here like L1 or B1 or some other way till I get my H1 later this year in October.

I want to continue working in the country for the period from July to Septmber 2004

We have our company branch office in India.

Please let me know if there is a way.

Thanks.

Originally posted by alien33
Hi,
I couldn't file my H1 in time for this year due to some paperwork issues at our company. I m currently on OPT valid till June 2004. I cannot get a new H1 till October 2004.

Is there a way I could keep working during the period from July to September 2004 on some visa here like L1 or B1 or some other way till I get my H1 later this year in October.

I want to continue working in the country for the period from July to Septmber 2004

We have our company branch office in India.

Please let me know if there is a way.

Thanks.

L-1 or O-1 (and L-2-J2), if you can qualify are the only ways to work.

Originally posted by pgarg
Hi,

My wife's H1 has been filed on 18th Feb. The lawyer is saying that the CAP was reached on 17th Feb but still there's a chance that she'll get the Visa.

The lawyer is telling that the application has been received by USCIS (and now they are not receiving any more applications). But she's not sure what's gonna happen.

So does it mean that there's a thin chance of her getting an aproval?

Any idea?

Yes, there is a chance. Remember, the counts are never exact.

H1-B caps are only applicable when working IN the US. One can always work from outside the US (subject to that country's laws/regulations. Working from your own country of origin could possibly be the best solution.

I had been in a similar situation. My company had arranged working from Canada. My H1-B came in just the day before I was to leave for Canada (my OPT EAD was to expire the next day).

Hope this helps!