Could you please tell me what this USCIS message mean?

I485EB1-sept02

Registered Users (C)
I have received the following message from USCIS this morning.

"On September 28, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

Is this an RFE? Please let me know what you think?

Case #: WAC-02-286-*****
2nd FP: July 22, 2004
LUD: 7/27 -> 8/17 -> 8/30 -> 9/09 -> 9/28

this is the most useless message CIS could invent. They pretend that it is case status. But the message doesn't say anything about the status. It is like your kid asks you for candy, but you are busy, so you say: 'I hear you, just wait! I'm busy now!'

sometime reply to your inquiry, sometime it is just nothing.

Have you or your lawyer called 1-800 or sent fax inquiry?

"On September 28, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

Translation:
"On September 28, 2004, we told customer service something concerning your case, since they were crawling up our tailpipe otherwise. Since you couldn't wait for us to be done, but had to call customer service, now you can very well call them at 1-800-375-5283 and find out what we told them, if they didn't already betray us and tell you before another 30 days even though we cautioned them not to."

gaotian said:
Have you or your lawyer called 1-800 or sent fax inquiry?

Yes, in fact, I have sent fax inquiries more than six times since Aug. 2, 2004. Also, I called them yesterday to find out about my case. So, you think it is simply saying that they have got my request and they asked me to wait?

I think they have some rules that they have to do something when they got enquiry. What they were doing is just check some checkbox on the computer to change the message to this useless one to prove that they did something, but actually nothing.

/So, you think it is simply saying that they have got my request and they asked me to wait?/

Well :) It simply says that they are tired of your requests ;) and they want you to give them a break for at least 30 days.

as I understand

It is an automated message which is used to stop you from calling/faxing CIS
for the next 30 days.