Could my LC get clear before dec 31st if i start now?

forgood

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
Is there a change that i could get my labour cleared if i file my GC in first week of November? If so, which state has the best possibility? I am talking about RIR only.
I see North Carolina is Current for Labour, NH is processing Apr 2004, Maine is Sep 2004 and Pittusburt is also Sep-2004.
So, my questions are
1. Can i get the Labour cleared within this year?
2. If so, which state is quicker?

The reason that i wanted to rush is (As most of you know) that from next year onwards, there are only 2 regional centers (Chicago and Atlanta) to process labour and no more state level processing.
Also, Even if you file now, if your file is not even opened by Jan 1st 2005, it will be processed by one of the 2 regional centers. Only if your file is opened before jan 1st 2005, it will be processed by the state where you filed in.

Any advice/ideas is appreciated.
Anybody who filed in NH in last 2 or 3 months and got cleared, please let me know. Thanks

forgood said:
The reason that i wanted to rush is (As most of you know) that from next year onwards, there are only 2 regional centers (Chicago and Atlanta) to process labour and no more state level processing.
Also, Even if you file now, if your file is not even opened by Jan 1st 2005, it will be processed by one of the 2 regional centers. Only if your file is opened before jan 1st 2005, it will be processed by the state where you filed in.

In this case it will be wise to wait till Jan next year as all the cases of next two months can go to long BEC queue & may have to wait for 2 years to clear... Cases applied after Jan 01, 2005 will go to NPC & will clear soon compare to BEC.

Actually I am in the same boat and am holding back until Jan 1st 2005 to file LC from Ohio.

Your LC mite clear the state level but I am pretty sure at the federal level its not possible with the holiday season around the corner.

However whats interesting is, the guidelines state that DOL needs to issue a separate notice to abandon the SWA's if PERM is not implemented. This clause is conerning me a little bit

Won't NPC follow the nationwide FIFO?

If no PERM in place, won't the NPCs join the BECs to process pending cases per FIFO? I guess that is the big question, regarding whether people should wait till 1/1/05 to file new cases. Thanks.

gp111 said:
In this case it will be wise to wait till Jan next year as all the cases of next two months can go to long BEC queue & may have to wait for 2 years to clear... Cases applied after Jan 01, 2005 will go to NPC & will clear soon compare to BEC.

I could be wrong but the insight I got after reading reasons for the backlog at regional LC processing center in Chicago is that they are transitioning to the NPC / PERM center.

It seems the processing date hasnt changed in a while at Chicago

I am in the same boat and confused :confused: . I am ready to apply my labor, either in non-RIR now and get earlier PD or wait till Jan 2005 or wait for 6 month to apply in RIR.

So here is real question:

If PERM does not implement by end of 2004, NPC / PERM centers will join as additional BECs. Now BECs will process cases as FIFO (may go back as 2001). But NPC / PERM center will start processing fresh cases applied after Jan 1, 2005 or same as BECs? :rolleyes:

Is it confirmed that NPC will do PERM?

Hello all, it that confirmed that NPC will use PERM to process the applications? Could you give me some links about it? Thanks for all your comments. I am going to hold off and see how this new NPC works. If it seems to go faster, then i would switch my employer and file it again. Or, i am going to stick with my current employer who already filed in NY state in 2003 early.
Any idea about which one would get clear soon? I know it is hard question. any assesment/guess is also appreciatable.
Thanks

FORGOOD,

The only option you have to file for LC right know is to file as NON-RIR, because in RIR there is some prep work need to be done which you wont be able to finish before the end of the year e.g. Adds, going through applications, refusal letter etc... and because you are still looking for most efficient STATE to file from, my assumption is that you have not done any PREP work.

If PERM is not implemented then Chicago/Atlanta will work as NPC otherwise they will operate under PERM guideline and regulation.

Good thing about NPC is that there wont be any STATE level certification every thing will be done at that centre.

I agree with GP111 if you file next year you have better chance with NPC then BRC. But if PERM comes active then you will have different set of rules to qualify for certification.

I am in a similar situation. I have just started the process to apply for GC-RIR EB2 from North Carolina. If I rush, the lawyer said that he will file the paperwork by thanksgiving. I am very concerned now about the whole PERM/NPC's etc. Should I go for it now or wait until Jan 2005.

I am thinking if this does not work, can i file for another LC through another employer in Jan ?

Please please help.

Hello

Hi IN_LC, thanks for your response. I am prepared. I have 3 employers ready to file my labour in RIR. One from NC, one from Maine and one from NH. I know NC is "current" in labour clearance. Maine is 1 month behind and NH is actually 4 to 6 months behind. The only option that would work seems to be the NC state as it is "current". But who know how it would be in the next 2 months.
Hi tradhi, could you tell me what employer in NC you are working with. I was talking to Infotech professionals. But they are not sure if they can do RIR for me. Could you tell me what your skill sets are? I am a J2EE guy and i am wondering if your employer can do RIR for me as well. If you don't want to share the employer name and skill sets in here, you could send private msg to me. (If you want)

Hello Guys..Please an yes/no answer would do. What I am thinking, is it even possible. Also, if I can get the lawyer to file say by thanksgiving. is there a possibility that the state would even open my packet before Jan1st. Any help in this regard is very much appreciated.

Hi allaboutgc

I am not saying all three employers are going to file RIR for me. I am saying i have talked to 3 employers and if i decided to file this year, i can go with one of them to file RIR. My quesiton is the same as what 'tradhi ' is looking for. Would it be possible to get the file opened in state level before Dec 31st if we file before thanks giving?

Since i have 3 employers in three different states, if you say yes i will get my file open before dec 31 in NH, i will go and ask that employer from NH to file it for me. If you say that Maine or NC will do, then i would pick the appropriate employer.
I have a project and i have a choice to pick the employer. Now the question is which state is good to file GC this year so that it won't get into the hands of the NPC. In other words, it will be opened in state level before Dec 31st?
Thanks

Hi tradhi

Hi tradhi,
I am in the same boat as you are. If there is a state that can open the file before Dec 31st, it should be NC. That is the only one in current status for Labour. But i think no body can garuntee that it is 100% sure that the state will open the file before Dec 31st.
If some body can give atleast 90% hope, that is also good. So, please help us in this situation.
tradhi, could you please tell me your employer from NC?
Thanks

forgood,

Can you please let me know the names of the 3 employeres you were talking about? I am also interested. Thanks.

Forgood,

In the 140 forum you were also saying that you are using a substitute labor. So you have 3 new RIR applications and 1 substitute 140 aplpication?
You are SO lucky to have so many backups...
Can I borrow or buy one from you? I am serious...

Hi Guys.Thanks for all the suggestions. I am actually a permenant emp in a bank in North Carolina (BOA).

Hi allaboutgc & tradhi

Hi, I spoke to RitePros from Maine, Infotech professionals from North carolina (But they don't have an add that i could use for RIR) and cybersoftec with pre approved labour. But cybersoftec is asking 12K for GC. Initially they asked me to pay 6K to file 140 and 485 and then they came down to 3K. But i don't want to take risk as the 2 pre approved labour copies that they sent to me doesn't exactly fit my skill sets. You will definitely have problem with that case.
I am also talking to Xtreme worldwide solutions and they said that they can file Labour from from NH and get it cleared before end of this year. I don't think it is possible. The only possibility that i was thinking is the NorthCarolina state. Since the infotech professionals doesn't have my skill set addvertised, i am hesitating to go with them. That's why i asked 'tradhi' to tell the employer from NC so that i can also join them. But i am sure that i can find some other companies from NC. But i need to search.
I also spoke to sgsconsulting and he also said that he can do labour from maine. This guy also offered me that he can file labour for me from maine and once it gets cleared, then i can transfer my H1 to him. Looks good. But you have to pay 1.2k. I know nothing is free. But i think i decided to wait and see how this NPC is going.
Hi 'tradhi' thanks for telling your employer name.

Hi guys

I could be wrong but this is what I am assuming and holding back until Jan 1 2005

Say state is approved before dec 31, 2004, will the file end up in BEC when LC is moved to regional / federal or it is moved to the respective NPC??

averagedesi said:
Hi guys

I could be wrong but this is what I am assuming and holding back until Jan 1 2005

Say state is approved before dec 31, 2004, will the file end up in BEC when LC is moved to regional / federal or it is moved to the respective NPC??

Yes.

Any case processed by SWA now will be transferred to BEC till Jan 1, 2005. After that it will be transferred to NPC.