Could IO ask for Amnesty application at N-400 interview

smali

Registered Users (C)
I have read the immigration act and it specifically bars any law enforcement officer to ask about LULAC/CSS application EXCEPT to adjudicate the application. I filed my CSS app in 1990 and it was summarily denied. I did state some facts in the application which are questionable. Time line does not match.

Later AOS by marraige to USC.

Took out my FOIA AOS file and that legalization application is at the very bottom of 3 inch thick file.

How could that application effect chances of my application to naturalize.

If IO ask any thing from that application, is not he/she violating the law. any fact from that application can not be used to deny N-400. Right?:eek:

Question on "Have you ever lied to the US government official" will trip you, unless you lie again now about your untrue submission to INS in a prior application.

I have read the immigration act and it specifically bars any law enforcement officer to ask about LULAC/CSS application EXCEPT to adjudicate the application. I filed my CSS app in 1990 and it was summarily denied. I did state some facts in the application which are questionable. Time line does not match.

Later AOS by marraige to USC.

Took out my FOIA AOS file and that legalization application is at the very bottom of 3 inch thick file.

How could that application effect chances of my application to naturalize.

If IO ask any thing from that application, is not he/she violating the law. any fact from that application can not be used to deny N-400. Right?:eek: