Could I be near the end? Or is this just...

PRasia

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
Just received a letter in the mail from the Manila Embassy saying that "This letter serves to confirm receipt of your immigration application package..."

It gives my file number and on the back it says "...in order to continue with the processing of your application, please send in the following checked items.."

The only thing checked is to send in my valid passport!

What does this mean? Does this mean that once I send it in they will stamp my passport (with visa) and grant me PR status?

The application has been quite fast, so confused as to what this really means?

It says to send the passport in within 45 days...however on the front of the letter it says "service standards for processing the application" are 6 months...will they hold my passport for 6 months? or am I close to the end?

Please, please comment if you have experience?

Thank you kindly, I'm sure you have felt the same anxiety I feel now.

M

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I doing something wrong? It is my first post on this forum, so if I missed something let me know....

Really appreciate an answer!

PRasia,
No you're not doing anything wrong, we all just get lazy about posting on the forum every now & then. The request you recieved seems unusual especially as almost everyone I know has to take the medicals before PPR, but hey maybe you're just lucky. From your posting, it appears this PPR came with your AOR letter (?) I will suggest you post more details about your PPR to allow experienced forum users make reasonable deductions & contributions. For instance, did you submit a copy of your PP pages with the original application? Did your PPR include information on what other items to send? Did it include information on prepaid return envelope & passport photos? Have you had your medicals/any mention of it? Only the immigration officials in Manila can tell you exactly what is going on (& you can email them too..), but providing more information might help....Good luck.

Rollingstone81,

Thanks for the reply. Medicals were submitted with the original application. The passport request has a list of many items on the back, but the only one they are requesting us to send in is original and valid passport.

When we sent in the application to Ontario it included several photos as they specified, medical exam, police check, and all the other information. We got word that the sponsorship was fine and then it was off to Manila for further processing. Oh, we also did send in photocopies of the passport.

Then came the letter from Manila requesting the passport only and to send it in within 45 days. No other information, other than what I posted before.

Would they be requesting an actual passport for any other reason than to stamp and finish off the application?

When I check the status of the application on the website it shows that sponsorship eligibility is complete and good, and that permanent residence application is in progress.

Also, all fees for application and PR were paid when we sent in the application.

Hope someone can provide a bit more information.

Thanks.

By the way, I have no idea what AOR letter stands for....it took me a while to figure out what PPR was...

PRasia,
AOR stands for 'acknowledgment of reciept' letter. It looks to me your application is complete & they are requesting your PP for stamping. If I were you, I will send the PP as requested.......good luck.

Rollingstone81,

First I just wanted to say thank you for your time. Really appreciate having you respond.

What you said is correct. I was able to communicate with CIC and they said this should be the last step. The only thing they couldn't say was how long it would take to get the passport back.

Looks like this could really be the end! I'll post again when everything is complete to give an overview as reference for others.

the best thing to do is justsend in your passport
howeverifyou live in manila you could go to canadian consulate
and find out...