Could AC-21 cause RFE

irainesan

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone.

I recently changed job (2.5 years after I-140 was approved) and debating to myself if I need to file AC-21. My hesitation point is , what if filing AC-21 triggers RFE (potentially asking for more documents)?
Also should I file G-28 also along with AC-21?
Any response will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Hi,

My case is exactly the same and I am also in this dilemma. I changed job 10 months ago using EAD and not sure if I should file AC-21 (due to the same fear). My PD is Sept '06 and I do not want to have any delays in getting GC when PD becomes current.

Guys who have gone through this please share your experience. We will highly appreciate it.

Hello everyone.

I recently changed job (2.5 years after I-140 was approved) and debating to myself if I need to file AC-21. My hesitation point is , what if filing AC-21 triggers RFE (potentially asking for more documents)?
Also should I file G-28 also along with AC-21?
Any response will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Filing AC21 does not triggers RFE, Not filing May trigger RFE. FYI RFE is for any missing document or the info they need from you. Even if you file AC21 and some document from you is missing with I-485 they can send RFE for the document.

Thanks, ginnu.
From your comment can we say – if you are confident that there is no missing document and your new job and employer are solid in terms of USCIS regulations then NOT filing AC21 is a better approach? I think in this situation one can safely take a chance.
People including attorneys differ in their opinion on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, ginnu.
From your comment can we say – if you are confident that there is no missing document and your new job and employer are solid in terms of USCIS regulations then NOT filing AC21 is a better approach?
---------------------I prefer to file AC21 so that they don't ask lot of documents when send RFE for new employer job offer letter .

I think in this situation one can safely take a chance.
------- chance for RFE??
People including attorneys differ in their opinion on this.
--------------- My opinion is to file AC21 so that no problems later for RFE or for US citizenship.

Agreed. Instead of hoping (taking chance) that there will be no RFE, better (in long run) to send AC21 - particularly when the case is clear (permanent new job, reputed new employer and meeting all AC21 requirements). Thanks.