COS approved from H4 to F1

jinal.shah

Hi,
I heard that this is a very good forum, hence i joined it.
I have an urgent question regarding my visa status.
My husband holds an H1 visa status.
I got my change of status approved from H4 to F1 recently in April 2009. I am planning to visit India by end of May 2009, that is this month end.
Since i will be leaving U.S. i need to go for my F1 visa again in my home country that is India.
My question is
1) What are the chances of my F1 visa getting rejected?
2) If my F1 visa is rejected can i reapply for H4 and get entry in U.S.?
3) Are there any chances of rejection of my H4 visa or any laws that i can not reapply for H4 visa?

Please somebody help me out with my queries.

For F1 you need to show strong ties with home country by property, family ties etc.
For H4 there is no such requirement, so if H1 is in proper status, H4 is almost guaranteed.

Thanks for the reply.
So can you tell me that if F1 is rejected can i apply again for H4 visa as my husband have valid H1 visa. And are there any chances of getting H4 rejected as i have already previously changed my visa status from H4 to F1 from U.S.

H4 can not be rejected as long as your spouse hold valid h1. If you are out of status previously your h4 may get rejected.

Thanks for the reply.
So can you tell me that if F1 is rejected can i apply again for H4 visa as my husband have valid H1 visa. And are there any chances of getting H4 rejected as i have already previously changed my visa status from H4 to F1 from U.S.

H4 to F1

Hi Jinal Shah,

Can you tell me how long it took to process your Status Change?

Also which processing Center?

How did you do your cover letter?

Hi Jinal,

It's great news that you get approval COS from H4 to F1. I plan to COS from H1 to F1. How did you do your Cover Letter? The letter should be able to show strong ties to your country. Let me know if you can help.
Thanks,