Correlation between Receipt No, Notice No. and EAC NOs

priyadev

Registered Users (C)
There is not much correlation with Receipt date and EAC.

Because: both my and my spouse's receipt dates are same but notice dates are different (6-8 days). Hence my EAC is 02-042 and my spouse's EAC is 02-048-***** Can you please throw some information on this?

Your EAC # is linked with your Notice Date

and not your Receipt Date. That is why you and your wife have diffent EAC-02-04X #s.

You didn't answer the question, aces!

But you did state a fact that yyy (in EAC-xx-yyy-...) is representing the ND.

I don't know the answer to the question either

receipt date is the date when the mail room receives your application. Notice date is when the application is being entered into the computer and the receipt notice is generated.
If both of you sent and mailed your paperwork on same date, then you should have the same receipt date. I noticed sometimes that INS inputs the data based on the same type of paperwork.
they input all I-485 together, then all I-131 together, I-90, and so forth...
Also the notice date corresponds to the number of day of the year. Example...02-220...represents, year 2002, and day 220, which is 06/18. 02-221, year 2002, and day 221, which is 06/19 and so on...
I hope this clarifies it.

JGTan is partially right...

The number 02 represents the fiscal year '02 and not the calendar year. For INS, the fiscal year '02 starts October 1st 2001 and ends September 30th, 2002.