Correcting name in passport after getting green card

mmrsagili

Registered Users (C)
Hi experts,
I got my green card last month.

My first name and last name were jumbled in my passport. I did not try to change it because I was afraid that it might cause some problems in my green card process. Subsequently, all of my immigration documents(including green card) have the same name.

And my name in employee records, driver license and SSN is correct. Only name in passport and green card is jumbled. Now I am planning to make it right in passport and immigration records.

I have already talked to Indian embassy and they agreed to change the name in the passport to reflect the right one.

I am not sure what will be its implications on the green card and other immigration. Will there be any problems or negative effects now or in future? Do I need to get new green card? If so, what is the procedure to get new one etc.

I appreciate your help in this regard

you need to file form I90

After you change your name on your passport..u need to file form I-90 which enables you to replace your greencard with your new name.

mmrsagili said:
Hi experts,
I got my green card last month.

My first name and last name were jumbled in my passport. I did not try to change it because I was afraid that it might cause some problems in my green card process. Subsequently, all of my immigration documents(including green card) have the same name.
------------- better keep the same and dont change just get your name on SSN card changed and DL changed so that Passport, DL, SSN have the same name (once change SSN name you also need to deal with credit card and credit reporting agencies)
And my name in employee records, driver license and SSN is correct.
------------ Driver licence, SSN, Green Card, passport should have same name.
Only name in passport and green card is jumbled. Now I am planning to make it right in passport and immigration records.
------------ if you change the passport then you may have to get your GC also corrected
I have already talked to Indian embassy and they agreed to change the name in the passport to reflect the right one.

I am not sure what will be its implications on the green card and other immigration.
---------- you will file I-90 with fees, name change documents and copy of passport And birth certificate
Will there be any problems or negative effects now or in future? Do I need to get new green card? If so, what is the procedure to get new one etc.
---------- you will file I-90 with fees, Send the Card, name change documents and copy of passport And birth certificate and wait for more than 6 months to get new Card
I appreciate your help in this regard