Correct clerical errors in I485 applications

David Li

Registered Users (C)
My attorney submitted my I485. When I received a copy from the attorney I found my G325 form was not correct. I wonder if I could just mail a correct G325 form directly to BCIS. Anyone has comments on this? Thanks. David.

Originally posted by David Li
My attorney submitted my I485. When I received a copy from the attorney I found my G325 form was not correct. I wonder if I could just mail a correct G325 form directly to BCIS. Anyone has comments on this? Thanks. David.
If the error is minor and cannot be caught by BCIS, you can correct it at the time of passport stamping. If the error is glaring, BCIS will likely send you an RFE. If you simply mail a new G325 without BCIS asking, it will most likely be ignored.

Thanks for your comment. I suspect my attorney included a wrong G325 form (doesn't belong to me). Why do you think BCIS would ignore the correct G325 from me? What is RFE?
Thanks again for any information. David.

Originally posted by David Li
Thanks for your comment. I suspect my attorney included a wrong G325 form (doesn't belong to me). Why do you think BCIS would ignore the correct G325 from me? What is RFE?
Thanks again for any information. David.

Your attorney has to be very careless to send someone else's G325 in your application. BCIS will most probably return your application to your attorney. I am not sure how soon this will happen.
RFE Request for Evidence, is a letter sent by BCIS asking for more documentation, etc.
In your case, since the error is all too glaring, BCIS will simply return the package to you. I hope they do not cash the check or else you will have to pay the fees again.
BCIS is generally not good at accepting applications in bits and pieces. Ask your attorney to contact BCIS and explain this error. BCIS will be able to suggest what is to be done.
How did you learn about this error? Did your attorney admit it?

Hello

How long is it taking to get EAD card in nebraska center?I have applied 140/485 concurrently in EB2 category........

Thanks