Copy of I-485 and I-140 for EAD Renewal

rughani_jitesh

Friends
My I-140 got cleared 1 year ago and I-485 is pending past 180 days. Recently I switched employer . My EAD is getting expired on Sep'08. For renewal I need copy of I-485.

I went back to my ex-employer for a copy of I-485 and they are not providing me. Intially when I was in the company I tried to ask them for a I-485 Copy and they said that by law we cannot provide you the copy.

Question here is whats the alternative ? Without copy of I-485 how should I file my EAD Renewal ? Can I complain to INS ?

Please give me your thoughts and ideas ....so that I can react accordingly..

Thanks
Jitesh

I went back to my ex-employer for a copy of I-485 and they are not providing me. Intially when I was in the company I tried to ask them for a I-485 Copy and they said that by law we cannot provide you the copy.
That is garbage. The I-485 belongs to the employee, not the company. Get a lawyer to send them a letter demanding the I-485 receipt.

That is garbage. The I-485 belongs to the employee, not the company. Get a lawyer to send them a letter demanding the I-485 receipt.

if an employer provides a copy but refuses to give the original 485 receipt, then what are the options available to us?

can one demand the originals legally?

I I got my I-485 receipt sent directly to me for a lot of my friends it came to their lawyers. So your employer is bound to provide you with the original document.

I I got my I-485 receipt sent directly to me for a lot of my friends it came to their lawyers. So your employer is bound to provide you with the original document.

well! you don't need the copy of receipt or original copy of I-485. All you need is the A#. USICS would have your case stored in their system and identified by your A#. Don't tell me you don't know your A#!! Just go to USCIS website and get the printout, if at all you need to have the hard copy.

Last edited by a moderator: