copy of documents during interview

maverick17

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Do we have to take copy of the document with the original to the interview or only original is fine.

Thxs

Hi,

Do we have to take copy of the document with the original to the interview or only original is fine.

Thxs

If you don't take copies, the IO will have to make them him/herself and might not be happy about it. Our IO sure appreciated the fact that we had copies of everything (the only thing he had to copy was our driver's licenses because apparently they both need to be on the same page and we made them on separate sheets), but other than that, he seemed to be very happy about that.

Let me put it this way: it's not necessary (even though they ask for it in the invitation letter), but it will make your interview go much more smoothly... ;)

Yup. Make copies in advance for them and separate them in categories for easy access. It will make your interview go faster/easier.

BUT do not forget to bring the originals also! :rolleyes:

I have been to two interviews the second one being a stokes. I was asked to go to my car and get anything relating to our lives till the IO quizzed my wife, during both interviews not 1 document was asked for either time. I swear i had a trash bag full of important documents. My i-94 was never taken, my temporary work permit was never taken. It was just amazing. 2 weeks after second interview GC in mail. Happiest day of my life.

I have been to two interviews the second one being a stokes. I was asked to go to my car and get anything relating to our lives till the IO quizzed my wife, during both interviews not 1 document was asked for either time. I swear i had a trash bag full of important documents. My i-94 was never taken, my temporary work permit was never taken. It was just amazing. 2 weeks after second interview GC in mail. Happiest day of my life.

So, you put your important documents in a trash bag? lol :D

It is better to have the documents in your hand and not be asked, than to be asked for them and not have them. ;)

Oh absolutely it's better to have than NOT. Just goes to show you can never be prepared for the USCIS.