Copy of Certificate of Naturalization

lucia16

Registered Users (C)
How do you request for a copy of the certificate of naturalization. I cannot find the form in the USCIS web page. Can you guys send me the link and how much it costs, and how long it takes to get a new one? Anybody have requested for one?

During my oath ceremony, the officer said to look after our certificates because replacements were expensive and took a long time... I think that translates roughly to 6 months or more.

Hi Lucia!

Did you loose the original? If you are talking about a copy for some other immigration benefit (petition for alien relative etc.) you can just photocopy the original.

Cheers!

Legal

LegalAlien99 said:
Hi Lucia!

Did you loose the original? If you are talking about a copy for some other immigration benefit (petition for alien relative etc.) you can just photocopy the original.

Cheers!

Legal
Nat cert replacements cost 330.00 and they take at least a year to get a new one.

Hi,
No I didn't lose the original I just want to have two for safe keeping. The link from the web is to request one in case the cert. gets lost/ stolen, etc.

Once you have your passport, you use it to identify your self anywhere. Except in cases where you need security clearance, you don't need to present your Nat. Certificate.

Since you have the original, you should put it in a safety deposit box at your bank or put it in a safe at your place. Don't carry it around. Having two won't prevent them from getting lost or stolen. Where you put it is more important than the number you have.