Copies to be notarized, help !!

ema76

Registered Users (C)
I am almost done with filing all the forms. I was told that I could have my copies notarized by a bank teller ?? Possible ??? If no, can u tell me where could I have my papers notarized ?

Another question : what, of all these copies I made, should be notarized (I am not sure for everything, so I need your help) :
- birth certificate
- translated birth certificate
- marriage certificate (we married in Illinois, so it's not in foreign language)
- certificate of naturalization
- recent tax return

Last question : do I give the marriage certificate (where the witnesses signed also) OR the certification of vital record where are all our informations and our parents ?????

Thanks again for any input !!!

Ema.

photocopies are fine

Most banks have a notary public on staff and if you have an account there they may do it for free.

Photocopies are fine unless USCIS specifically asks for an original. If they want an original of a photocopy you sent they'll send a Request for Evidence.

The only document that you absolutely need to have notarized for an I-485 is the Affidavit of Support.

ema76 said:
Last question : do I give the marriage certificate (where the witnesses signed also) OR the certification of vital record where are all our informations and our parents ?????
QUOTE]

I sent a copy of the marriage certificate when I filed. And I got no RFE. But I'm taking both the marriage certificate AND the full vital record paperwork(with copies of both for INS to keep) to the interview.

Also some of those mailing stores(like Mailboxes ect..) have notaries but you will need to pay.

Last edited by a moderator: