Copies of previous documents

laser

Registered Users (C)
I got my 485 RFE asking for my previous I-20 forms FRONT AND BACK to prove I have never been out of status during my school time. I made copies of all of the I20s that were ever issued to me, single-sided. But my lawyer said the "FRONT and BACK" means they have to be copied double-sided, single sided doesn't meet CIS requirement. Is she overly careful? Plus my original I-20 was printed single sided.

Original Document

I think that your attorney is referring to the original document. which is a double sided document.

If you have ever left the country while on a F1, your International Officer has to sign the original I-20 on the back side. I think that that is the information that your attorney is looking for.

laser said:
I got my 485 RFE asking for my previous I-20 forms FRONT AND BACK to prove I have never been out of status during my school time. I made copies of all of the I20s that were ever issued to me, single-sided. But my lawyer said the "FRONT and BACK" means they have to be copied double-sided, single sided doesn't meet CIS requirement. Is she overly careful? Plus my original I-20 was printed single sided.

I indeed made copies of the front and back sides of the I20. But I made single sided copies. And my original I20 was also printed single sided, so totally 4 pieces of paper rather than 2.

NYGCSeeker said:
I think that your attorney is referring to the original document. which is a double sided document.

If you have ever left the country while on a F1, your International Officer has to sign the original I-20 on the back side. I think that that is the information that your attorney is looking for.

photocopy all sides which has information

Don't worry. I had RFE for I-20 also.

I copied all sides which had information.