COP IO's issues

fasaavedra

Registered Users (C)
I have been reading a lot in this forum, and I have noticed as well that there is a bunch of COP where IO's does not like your AS6 category on your GC. Can you guys make a list of this countries and WHY? Can you be detained in your COP because the find out you are an asylee of such country?
I went to me COP recently ( AS8 ) i think they dont even know what that means, but I started worrying they will eventually get to know about that.
Comments welcome...

I have been reading a lot in this forum, and I have noticed as well that there is a bunch of COP where IO's does not like your AS6 category on your GC. Can you guys make a list of this countries and WHY? Can you be detained in your COP because the find out you are an asylee of such country?
I went to me COP recently ( AS8 ) i think they dont even know what that means, but I started worrying they will eventually get to know about that.
Comments welcome...

Well in all honesty, your safety is upon you. No one will stop you to go to dangerous countries and its your responsibiilty to maintain your security.

You ran away from your COp because you were scared about your life so now if in your judgement you are scared or not and feel secure..its up to you. Everyone's case is unique, some are still scared to go back because elements exists even if the govt have been thrown away...Personally I woulndd't go to my COp even if somoene gave me 1 million bucks..but others would go beacuse they dont care for their safety.

Again its up to you. WHAT DO YOU FEEL SAFE IN??

totally Misunderstood

wantmygreencardnow.....please read my message well.
Im not questioning if it is safe to visit COP or not.
As you may know im a AS8 and honestly dont worry to visit COP.
Please read my first post and if you want to give answers to it thanks...otherwise...why to questioned other BY the million dollars you would not received??

wantmygreencardnow.....please read my message well.
Im not questioning if it is safe to visit COP or not.
As you may know im a AS8 and honestly dont worry to visit COP.
Please read my first post and if you want to give answers to it thanks...otherwise...why to questioned other BY the million dollars you would not received??

You are asking a judgemental question here "Can you be detained in your COP because the find out you are an asylee of such country"

My point was that some people are scared of the officers at POE because thast who they ran away from...maybe..right? There are no laws that I know of where they can detain you because of the category on your GC but again if you killed the top minister and claimed asylum based on that, you will be detained right???????????

I think what fasaavedra wants to know is simply if there is any country's IO known as specifically inspecting the code on the GC. It's simple as it is. He didn't mean asking which COP country is safe to go back.

clarify

oae0399.....you kinda of got my actual QUESTION......and wantmygreencardnow let me re phrase
what i asked was, which countries IO's gives hard times to their citizens while entering or leaving it with a green card marked with AS6 .
In other words, let say I go to my COP after getting my green card, when leaving my COP they ( customs ) will ask me what is my status in the USA and I will have to show them my green card of course, they will know I claimed asylum in the USA since they realized AS6 AS7 AS8 code on the GC means asylee adjustment.
i think is very clear know, so as i said, im not afraid visiting my COP , In fact I did last year and nobody gave 1 million bucks......
But , my concern is if at customs in my "COP" eventually they will come up with the same issues like in other countries.
That is what im trying to know, WHAT COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD gives HARD TIME to THEIR CITIZENS when ENTERING OR LEAVING IT with a GC marked with AS6, 7, 8 code on it. and WHY??

Last edited by a moderator:
oae0399.....you kinda of got my actual QUESTION......and wantmygreencardnow let me re phrase
what i asked was, which countries IO's gives hard times to their citizens while entering or leaving it with a green card marked with AS6 .
In other words, let say I go to my COP after getting my green card, when leaving my COP they ( customs ) will ask me what is my status in the USA and I will have to show them my green card of course, they will know I claimed asylum in the USA since they realized AS6 AS7 AS8 code on the GC means asylee adjustment.
i think is very clear know, so as i said, im not afraid visiting my COP , In fact I did last year and nobody gave 1 million bucks......
But , my concern is if at customs in my "COP" eventually they will come up with the same issues like in other countries.
That is what im trying to know, WHAT COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD gives HARD TIME to THEIR CITIZENS when ENTERING OR LEAVING IT with a GC marked with AS6, 7, 8 code on it. and WHY??

Maybe Russia, China??? Colombia? Other than that, I dont think any other country..But shouldn't you just care for your COP and if they give you trouble?

No need to show GC

You don't have to show a GC when entering other countries than US. What you need is a Passaport, not a green card.
GC are for the use of US goverment, no one else cares for your status in US.

Or Im I wrong? You dont need to show your GC to travel to Colombia at any time.

I have been to China and Russia, they definitely will check your GC on your way out, not sure whether they will check the code though.

If you absolutely need to return to COP, one way around it is to apply for a reentry permit which does not have the code.

To amtbooks

How can you possibly know if you just got a welcome notice and you have not yet received your GC???
How do you know in Russia and China you have to show your GC if you either never been there or neve had to show your gc because you don't have one!!!!!!

this is what your signature says:

Welcome notice sent: March 12 2007
Approval notice sent: March 13 2007
LUD: March 14

So this is something that the neighbor of your cousin of the cowoker of your wife told you????????

Colombia, they do look at you GC

COLOMBIA_PR and CI_Asylee.
I went to Colombia, which is my "COP" , when entering POE ( Cali ), you are not require to show GC, when leaving Colombia , DAS officers( which is USCIS for us ) asked me to prove them I leave in the USA, here is when you have to take GC out and show it to them.
I think they did not know what AS8 meant......but after the FACT SHEET showed up on the web, i heart in Colombia started to giving hard times for all those with such type of GC holders whom visit Colombia.
So, here i go again, can I local government deny your departure based on the fact you are a AS6,7,8 GC holder and visiting your COP. Im not talking at any moment about here in the USA POE, i know how to deal with that...
More comments please....

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't have to show a GC when entering other countries than US. What you need is a Passaport, not a green card.
GC are for the use of US goverment, no one else cares for your status in US.

Or Im I wrong? You dont need to show your GC to travel to Colombia at any time.

Not to enter Colombia, but to leave you have to show GC + Passport.

On my way out of China and Russia, I have to show IO my advance parole that I have the right to enter US (the destination of my flights). I assume if you have a GC, then you need to show it to IO as your proof of legal entrance into the US. I guess this is a pretty safe assumption, do you think?????

How can you possibly know if you just got a welcome notice and you have not yet received your GC???
How do you know in Russia and China you have to show your GC if you either never been there or neve had to show your gc because you don't have one!!!!!!

this is what your signature says:

Welcome notice sent: March 12 2007
Approval notice sent: March 13 2007
LUD: March 14

So this is something that the neighbor of your cousin of the cowoker of your wife told you????????

no yet

still my question unresolve.
can local government ( COP IO's ) can detained me when realize about my green card based on asylum in the USA?

COLOMBIAN_PR , what you mean by saying CALL YOUR EMBASSY???
you meant call OUR EMbassy right?
are not you Colombian????
does it makes sense call an embassy and say: Listen, im a asylee and I would like to know if I can visit my country??
nooooooooo no sense at all dude.....

sorry...but not a good idea.