Converting to RIR looses PD after 8/3/01?

Hexamon

Registered Users (C)
I was told by my paralegal that "...one cannot convert a pending labor cert to RIR if it was filed after 8/3/01...", I always considered that converting a non-RIR case to RIR would maintain the original PD. What's up with 8/3/01? Was there some law passed prohibiting this?

My case is a non-RIR, pending at Colorado SESA. PD is after 8/3/01.

Ya Thats true. Rule goes something like this - All Non-RIR cases applied before 08-03-01 can be converted to RIR without losing the priority date.

Darn!
Can anybody post any related links? I don't seem to make much progress looking for them.

Hexamon,
You should be able to convert your case as law says, I believe, ON or BEFORE 8/3/01. You can convert only if SWA did not start advertisement campaign for your case. Once that process is initiated by SWA, you can not convert.

ltk,

According to my law company(lawyers, not company I work for), they've talked with Colorado SESA and "The Department of Labor hopes to move forward on limited review cases by the end of February"

I've heard similiar news from other sourses, so I think the above statement is close to the truth.

This means that, assuming, they process the cases with the same pace as they've been arriving in 2001 (that is, March03 will cover May01, April03 - June01 and so on) then Sep01 Cases will be processed in July03 and April02 cases - in January04.

Now, if you count the number of "hopes" and "assumptions" in the above lines, then it becomes obvious that avarage time to clear LC cases filed from Colorado after Apr01, is going to be about 2.5 years.