converting Consular to I-485

chiks

Registered Users (C)
I am from India and as you know the current situation in India is getting a bit tense in it\'s relationship with Pakistan.

Here\'s my situation:
I have submitted my I-140 last week to VSC.
I have indicated consular processing.
after a couple of months, when my approval comes through, and there is a war going on between India and Pakistan, Can I decide NOT to go for consular processing and opt for I-485 instead?

I\'d really appreciate your response on this question.

You can have your attorney call VSC and change from CP to AOS that prevents from the case

being transfered to NVC which saves a month or so. I did that.

No Title

Is it required to call VSC, or I can just file 485 (earlier response).

You can just file but that would mean

after 140 approval your case will be sent to NVC and when you file 485 VSC will have to request the case back from NVC.

Calling ahead (before 140 is approved) will same some time.

You can just file but that would mean

after 140 approval your case will be sent to NVC and when you file 485 VSC will have to request the case back from NVC.

Calling ahead (before 140 is approved) will same some time.

Opting for CP in I140 gives you an option of CP or AOS later

Once your I140 is approved, if you want to do AOS just apply for 485 .....you don't hv to do anything else.....

what is the advantage of cp over aos?
Does it take less time?
If you are working with the company that sponsored your 140, how can you go back to home country to do cp?

if unfortunately , your cp is refused, can you stil get h1 visa and come back?

shed some light on this please.

No%20Title.

what is the advantage of cp over aos? Does it take less time? If you are working with the company that sponsored your 140, how can you go back to home country to do cp? if unfortunately , your cp is refused, can you stil get h1 visa and come back? shed some light on this please.