Conversion from NON-RIR to RIR - please help

octFiler

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

My brother has applied LC on NON-RIR in IOWA(NSC) and it is very slow there, he is on 8th year H1 extension. we want to expedite the process, can he convert from NON-RIR to RIR, did any one of you do it or do any one of you know the process and any good lawyer who can handle these kind of cases. Please advise, your advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

octFiler.

Non-RIR to RIR

Hi,
My case is same as ur brother's. Only thing different is that I'm in Atlanta and running 5th year of my H-1.
I tried to find out if there was a way to change Non-RIR to RIR and make use of the last 2 years that I waited for my Non-RIR case.
Unfortunately, there is provision of changing Non-RIR case to RIR. One needs to file a new case in RIR category and withdraw Non-RIR case if both the applications are filed by the same employer.
So, As of my knowledge, only way to achieve this is...File a new case in RIR, and just before you file in RIR, withdraw your Non-RIR application.

Let me know if you find some other information that may tell us if there's another way to do this.
Regards,
Nidzanu

nidzanu said:
Hi,
My case is same as ur brother's. Only thing different is that I'm in Atlanta and running 5th year of my H-1.
I tried to find out if there was a way to change Non-RIR to RIR and make use of the last 2 years that I waited for my Non-RIR case.
Unfortunately, there is provision of changing Non-RIR case to RIR. One needs to file a new case in RIR category and withdraw Non-RIR case if both the applications are filed by the same employer.
So, As of my knowledge, only way to achieve this is...File a new case in RIR, and just before you file in RIR, withdraw your Non-RIR application.

Let me know if you find some other information that may tell us if there's another way to do this.
Regards,
Nidzanu
Hi Nidzanu,
I'm in the same boat. Non-RIR submitted to Ohio SESA Aug 02. In July 04 my lawyer told me he could do a conversion to RIR. So I went thru ads and everything and filed Sept 04. But in October SESA came back saying it can't be converted and my Non-RIR case has been refiled for RIR with priority date of Sept 04. What the heck does that mean? Now I have to decide which way to go: RIR with recent priority date, or non-RIR. Questions:
1. Are you applying under RIR or non-RIR? Could you share your thought about why going under one option rather than another?
2. Do I get an option from the state as to what option I could choose, rather than just automatically closing the earlier non-RIR case?
3. Regarding the lawyer, he gave me the wrong promise. What can I do about that?
Thank you so much!

lz said:
Hi Nidzanu,
I'm in the same boat. Non-RIR submitted to Ohio SESA Aug 02. In July 04 my lawyer told me he could do a conversion to RIR. So I went thru ads and everything and filed Sept 04. But in October SESA came back saying it can't be converted and my Non-RIR case has been refiled for RIR with priority date of Sept 04. What the heck does that mean? Now I have to decide which way to go: RIR with recent priority date, or non-RIR. Questions:
1. Are you applying under RIR or non-RIR? Could you share your thought about why going under one option rather than another?
2. Do I get an option from the state as to what option I could choose, rather than just automatically closing the earlier non-RIR case?
3. Regarding the lawyer, he gave me the wrong promise. What can I do about that?
Thank you so much!

same case for me

I applied for Non-RIR in the state of Missouri on Jan. 2002, as my attorney was unaware that they stopped processing Non-RIR. I got a letter from DOL almost after an year stating that i need to file a fresh RIR, which i did in June 2003. They did not honoured previous priority date and issued priority date as June 2003 considering it as a new application. This is very frustrating, but we can't do any thing because of attorney's ignorance.
octFiler said:
Gurus,

My brother has applied LC on NON-RIR in IOWA(NSC) and it is very slow there, he is on 8th year H1 extension. we want to expedite the process, can he convert from NON-RIR to RIR, did any one of you do it or do any one of you know the process and any good lawyer who can handle these kind of cases. Please advise, your advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

octFiler.