Conversion from BEC to PERM

PERM pending 11 months

My PERM has been pending more than 11 months. Perm first filed in Aug 2005, got audit 7 months later, responded immediately, and then it's pending until now. My is alao a converson case, have received 45 days letter, and also the original RIR has been withdrawn. I am so tired of this hopeless waiting, but don't know what to do next. Is anybody else on the same boat?

icepig said:
Hi, all

Just a question for you guys who received the 45days letter after applied for PERM(converting from RIR):

how did you replied this letter? telling DOL you are withdrawing RIR case?

Also, I asked my lawyer regarding the converting case: 4month approval is the fast one, half year is normal, still some waiting after 10 months. Is this true?

Thanks

I am waiting for morethan 6 months, thanks

I recently applied for PERM conversion (couple of weeks back) of the traditional lc (PD: Dec 2004). I had received the 45 day letter before applying for conversion. Are there any recent results on the conversions cases?

Thanks all for sharing the info.

Regards,
Amol

I have an EB3-RIR application pending in PBEC with a PD of Oct 2002. 45 day letter was received and responded to in December 2005.

I now have masters and 5 year experience and qualify to file under EB2. My company has agreed to file a fresh PERM application for me. I am from Nepal so the dates for EB2 categories are current. I will not be able to keep my PD in the PERM application, but in case PERM is denied, I can fall back to the original RIR application. Do you think it is a good idea for me to file a fresh application through PERM as EB2 without carrying over my PD?

filed a PERM conversion on 7/25/06

PD: 11/15/06
IL SWA case
Traditional
45 Day Letter: received and replied on 3/15/06

Our company filed a PERM conversion application on 7/25/06. Let's see how long it takes to process.

XPKY said:
My PERM has been pending more than 11 months. Perm first filed in Aug 2005, got audit 7 months later, responded immediately, and then it's pending until now. My is alao a converson case, have received 45 days letter, and also the original RIR has been withdrawn. I am so tired of this hopeless waiting, but don't know what to do next. Is anybody else on the same boat?
Hi XPKY,
Why did you withdraw your original case? Did they tell you to do that?

I had my RIR application converted to PERM, which was submitted on Feb 27, 2006. My lawyer faxed a status inquiry last July 21 and the Chicago National Processing Center replied back the following day and this is what they wrote:

Your case has been assigned to an Analyst for review. It will be reviewed in the order it was received, based on the principles of FIFO. When the Analyst reaches your case in the queue, it will be reviewed and a final determination will be issued. You will receive notification of the final determination via regular mail in approximately six to ten weeks form the date of this response.

Sincerely,
Chicago National Processing Center

Now my question ... Is this the normal procedure or is this something that I have to worry about? Is this letter an automatic reply which they send to all inquiries?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Conversion Case Still Pending

Guys,

Is there a positive update on the conversion cases? I applied on 9/19/2005 and it still shows "in-process" for Chicago Center.

to WOLF777

Hi, Wolf,
have you ever got auditted or it has been pending since submitted?

no audit

I never went into audit. It has been sitting as "in-process" since the first day. Now, I cannot withdraw it because I need to get the 7th year extension first.

Assigned to an Analyst Email

Did anybody get a response to this kind of email where they say:

Your case has been assigned to an Analyst for review. It will be reviewed in the order it was received, based on the principles of FIFO. When the Analyst reaches your case in the queue, it will be reviewed and a final determination will be issued. You will receive notification of the final determination via regular mail in approximately six to ten weeks form the date of this response.

wolf_7777 said:
Did anybody get a response to this kind of email where they say:

See what I got.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=207294&page=5&pp=15
hxshet

I got exactly the same response... so we'll see what happens next........

I had my RIR application converted to PERM, which was submitted on Feb 27, 2006. My lawyer faxed a status inquiry last July 21 and the Chicago National Processing Center replied back the following day and this is what they wrote:

Sincerely,
Chicago National Processing Center

Now my question ... Is this the normal procedure or is this something that I have to worry about? Is this letter an automatic reply which they send to all inquiries?

Thanks for your help in advance.

If you are looking for a strong, genuine,reliable and a very professional company to join and to file your Green card through Perm, let me know. Generally labour and I140 gets cleared in couple of months. 180 new joiners already approved in a very short duration.

Mohit
mohitfl@hotmail.com

New LC in PERM

I am on 7th Yr H1-B extension.
My LC is stuck in PBEC with PD March 2003 NON-RIR EB3.

I am working as same title in the company since my last LC filed.

Can I file new LC in PERM with EB2(Since 8+ yrs of exp) independently and not affecting last LC in PBEC?
Do I have to have diffrent job title/duties for this?
Any catch here?

My Case Update

have recently filed for conversion of my backlog case to PERM. My PERM was filed on August 25th and my attorney did recieve a case #

Now when I check the backlog case status online at the following link.
http://www.pbls.doleta.gov/pbls_pds.cfm my case status says withdrawn.

is this normal that they withdraw my backlog case first even before my PERM is processed.

same here

needlabor said:
have recently filed for conversion of my backlog case to PERM. My PERM was filed on August 25th and my attorney did recieve a case #

Now when I check the backlog case status online at the following link.
http://www.pbls.doleta.gov/pbls_pds.cfm my case status says withdrawn.

is this normal that they withdraw my backlog case first even before my PERM is processed.

I filed a conversion of my backlog case to PERM on July 25, 2006 in Chicago and online status of my backlog case was "withdrawn" too. I am not sure if it should be like that. Our company designated attorney said I could have both backlog and PERM alive. In fact, it is not true. Wish we both good luck.