Conversion from BEC to PERM

question for some old timers.... H1-B 7th year switching jobs.

I am under the impression that 7th year H1's are contingent upon a Labor Certification pending at least 365 days.

At this point in the process (i.e. 7th, 8th year h1-B) is it possible for the employee to change jobs from Company A to Company B ?

Can someone switch jobs provided that company B files for PERM ASAP and during the interim use the 7th year extension from Company A?

Thanks for the feedback,

xman_74

EB3 Regular to PERM EB2 conversion due to Promotion

My company filed for Labor under EB3 Regular in Feb 2003 and its in PBEC. My current position is Lead Analyst Programmer (BS + 3 yrs Exp). I am currently in my 9th Yr of H1b extension. I have 10yrs experience and 4.5 with my current company.

I have been promoted to Manager ( Have to decide whether to take it or not). This position requires BS + 5 yrs exp.

Do you think i can file under PERM EB2?

Is this a good idea considering the retrogression for India?

Can i use the PD of my pending EB3 Regular Case?

What happens to my H1b extensions?

Please suggest

Tia

Please help me with my problem

I have an EB3 labor of PD 2/21/05 with dallas backlog center. Now i am promoted to a senior level. But my Job qualification remains the same ie: 4 year Bachelor degree + 4 yrs experience. My lawyer says that my experience can be easily changed to 5+ years as my job qualifies for that experience. But My HR is refusing to do so as it will reduce their hiring capability. As i belong to Rest of the world , i can file for EB2 perm if my HR is willing to increase my work experience by 1 year. IS there any way i could convice my HR to start the EB2 perm process ? is there anyone who had my situation and got it resolved???

Thanks
Gcgal

Has any one got sucess in conversion of BEC cases to PERM ?

I am considering the optopn of converting my BEC application to PERM. I would like to hear from people who have done this.

Mine would be EB2 case.

Thanks
Saurav

I had filed my conversion on Feb07-2006, BEC have not withdrawn my case yet, either BEC could not find my papers for the past 75 days since it had not sent 45 days letter so far or PERM guys might have put on hold for what ever reason. I would not advice if you had not received 45days letter so far.

Saurav_4096 said:
I am considering the optopn of converting my BEC application to PERM. I would like to hear from people who have done this.

21stIcon said:
I had filed my conversion on Feb07-2006, BEC have not withdrawn my case yet, either BEC could not find my papers for the past 75 days since it had not sent 45 days letter so far or PERM guys might have put on hold for what ever reason. I would not advice if you had not received 45days letter so far.

Hi 21stIcon,
Do you mean your case is on hold and it is again because of BEC mess. So if one had receiced 45 days letter then will it be safe to convert.

What about advt. etc. do they need to match exactly as of BEC application?
Or any other suggestion, one has to be cautious about...

Thanks
Saurav

. So if one had receiced 45 days letter then will it be safe to convert

---->

I saw couple conversion cases were successful on this forum which had receievd 45D letter before PERM filing, so it is my own interpretation. My personal advice would be do not convert if your case has been dormant at Dallas BEC since its cases are being cleared very fast,otherwise you can try your luck.

What about advt. etc. do they need to match exactly as of BEC application?
Or any other suggestion, one has to be cautious about...

------>

It has to be same advt. and you can file PERM at least after 6o days from advt.satrt date, more over your attorney should tell you what should be done for the PERM proces

Conversion RIR-PERM EB2 approved

Mine got approved in 95 days.
EB2 PERM Applied on Dec 12, 2005 (PD Feb, 2004)
Withdrawl letter from PBEC Jan 17,2006
PERM approved date Mar 17,2006 :D
Hard copy RD Mar 30,2006

I would not recommend for conversion if you have not recieved 45 day letter.

Conversion to PERM and alternate education and experience...

I have pending LC in PEBC with PD of 2004 Non-RIR, EB2. The JOB requirements were BS +5 years or MS +3 years. When I joined the company I had MS + 3 years of experience. As I had done MS(computers) immediately after BS(electronics), I can also say my experience was BS + 3 years.

Due of uncertainty in PEBC, I am planning to convert it to PERM so that priority dates can be maintained. During conversion as the job requirements should match with that of regular application. This means I will fall into alternate combination of education and experience i.e. MS + 3 years.

I would appreciate experts and other people’s opinion on

1. Possibility of successful Conversion for above case and

2. PERM through alternate combination of education and experience.
[Yes for Item 8 on ETA 9089].

Thanks
Saurav

Congrates

p76 said:
Hard copy RD Mar 30,2006

Congratulations and good luck for I140.

Which center you got your approval from?

Hi P76,

Congrats for your approval. Which center you got your approval from? Chicago or Atlanta? Thanks.

p76 said:
Hard copy RD Mar 30,2006

BEC to PERM Conversion

Hi Gurus,

I am a silent reader of this forum and have been following all your inputs all these days.

My PD is march 16th 2005 . I did not recieve my 45 day letter.

Had a discussion yesterday with my Attorney about conversion of my labor to PERM. He strongly adviced not to do it as there are lot of issues in BEC with this conversion.

Would like to check with you all about your opinion about the conversion.

Ravi

please help advice

Hello Gurus,

This is one of the best forums and my major source of info on DBEC and PERM.

Here's my scenario:

My company had filed a LC RIR-EB2. Here's the details:

LC RIR-EB2
State: CA
PD: March 22nd, 2005
45 Day Letter Received: Sep 09, 2005
45 Day Letter Replied: Sep 13, 2005

I have already started the PERM application process few months back, and the attorneys are about to file my PERM application next week. I have got my 7th year extension done, my current H1 expires Sep 30th, 2007. I have started the PERM application as a refile option to preserve the old PD of March 22, 2005. I have the option of either filing PERM as a new application or filing PERM as a refile to the old LC.

1. I am not sure if I even need to apply PERM?

2. I am not sure if I can take the risk of applying the PERM as a refile, in which case if my PERM application is denied, then I will have no option to extend my H1 beyond the 7th year. So, I am thinking of filing the PERM as a new application in which case, I will not have any problem if the PERM gets denied. But then I will lose the PD if the PERM goes thru.

The advantages of applying new PERM (not refile) application:
1. Will know the result in less than 3 months, thereby get some stability in life.
2. The current DBEC processing is totally random, and very difficult to predict when the LC is going to be approved. 95% of the people in my company have yet to receive their 45 day letters.

Disadvantages:
1. Will loose the PD, since I am from India, will have to wait a little bit longer. On the other hand, will still be able to extend the H1.

please advice.

thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
:confused: BEC sent 45 days letter while PERM conversion is being stuck for 4 months

Guys,
Any idea, why Dallas BEC sent 45 days letter while my PERM conversion case has been pending for the past 4 months, god only knows what the hell is going on with labor department. :confused: :confused:

PERM Conversions

p76 said:
Hard copy RD Mar 30,2006

Hi, Was your RIR application merged with PERM Application so that you retain your original Priority date? thanks a lot.

Yes. In the perm application we gave details of PBEC case and asked to retain the old PD.

conversion to PERM

can one apply for PERM( with same job description) BUT different employer and still retain the PD from old labor or employer( i know its very unlikely as its employer specific ) but just checking just in case someone did get it done

lalalala said:
can one apply for PERM( with same job description) BUT different employer and still retain the PD from old labor or employer( i know its very unlikely as its employer specific ) but just checking just in case someone did get it done
Change of employer address has been repeatedly reported to be a problem. Change of employer----I think it does NOT stand the slightest chance whatsoever.

My LC was files in Aug 2002 (NY RIR). After waiting for so long I have finally convinced my employers to file PERM. They have agreed to file a new application and keep the original LC application intact for extension purposes. ( I am in my 8th year).

Now a friend has warned me that since the new PERM application is going to be sponsored by the same employer and for the same job decsription, so if the PERM application is denied then my PBEC application will automatically be denied.

Is this true?

Thanks.