Conversion from BEC to PERM

Ok guys, I filed RIR on March 25th to get a PD for my PERM, then I filed PERM
July 19th, and still in process.
The Confirmation of Withdrawl letter from Dallas Backlog Center is the only news I have so far...
My Perm belongs to Chicago.

I think guys we are finally seeing some progress. I think it is a good sign that they withdrew your application which I think means is that they have converted your PD to the PERM app and it should resume progress.... I think you will hear the good news soon.

How long to see the app

Folks, my co. filed a conversion PERM end of Aug for me and more than three months later, status still shows "In progress". Whats the meaning of this?.. Doesnt USCIS claim 45-60 days processing time??.. Are many other folks in a similar situation? thanks.

To Peace4U

Dear Peace4u,

Most of the people in this forum are waiting on a refile case for more than 2-3 months. Mine is also a refile case, (Perm refile case date is 9/19/5) and it is still in "In Process". Most of us thought of withdrawing the refile case and thought about filing anew one. But our attonereys are saying not to withdraw. Only one person's refile case was approaved after 6 months of waiting(ddarshad's case). Nop one is clear how DOL is trying to verify with the od case. SOme people they got audit letter requesting them to send the old case. But most of us did not hear anything from DOL.....Mine is in queue for 2.5 months by now. This is tge general status on how other looks and you are not alone in the boat.

regards
-gcmiracle.

The great wait

Thanks GCMiracle.. Seems quite crazy.. to maintain the same PD you file a conv case.. and then conv PERM takes as long as 6 months!.. Thats really long I would say!.. I have a bad feeling conv cases go in the "audit queue" and then they are no better than regular LC since they are being audited by humans.. am bored sick of this GC thingy..

drisrshad case?

One more thing I dont understand?

RIR - Dec 04
PERM Conv - Apr 29, 05
LC Approved - Oct 29
I-140 - Oct 11, Approved Oct 18

How did he file for I-140 before LC approval date?.. anyone knows.. or this was a typo from him?

Let's do this!

Hey Guys:
Just keep you posted.
I also received a letter from PBEC stating that my application has been withdrwn because of PERM appl.
Another news is that some attorney mentioned the DOL claimed in the Ameirican immigration layers association meeing if there is no response after the perm application has been submitted for 90 days, the applicants should ask his lawyer to send email to Ameirican immigration layers association about this. The attorney said his several cases pending for a long time got approved in 2-3 weeks after sending email to the Ameirican immigration layers association. Let's all ask our attorney to do this, so the DOL can hear our voice. Since only a small number of people did the conversion, it's important to remind the DOL and make sure the DOL won't forget about our application.

XPKY,
Are you sure that the withdrawn RIR is because that you filed conversion PERM? I also got such a letter. Do not know if need to do something
XPKY said:
Hey Guys:
Just keep you posted.
I also received a letter from PBEC stating that my application has been withdrwn because of PERM appl.
Another news is that some attorney mentioned the DOL claimed in the Ameirican immigration layers association meeing if there is no response after the perm application has been submitted for 90 days, the applicants should ask his lawyer to send email to Ameirican immigration layers association about this. The attorney said his several cases pending for a long time got approved in 2-3 weeks after sending email to the Ameirican immigration layers association. Let's all ask our attorney to do this, so the DOL can hear our voice. Since only a small number of people did the conversion, it's important to remind the DOL and make sure the DOL won't forget about our application.

Which way to go ?

Friends,

My company filed LC for me under EB2/RIR during March 2005. Now they are offering to file/convert LC to PERM. Please help me making right decision. Appreciate your help.

My 6th year of H-1B will expire in 10/2006.

1. Should I convert my old LC application to PERM to retain priority date and also minimize risk of PERM rejection ? (But conversion PERM approvals are so slow).

2. Should I file a new PERM case to take advantage of faster approval and probably faster green card processing (If retrogression wont last long) ? And I'll also loose my earlier priority date and there is a risk of rejection too :(

3. Should I just leave my LC in BEC EB2/RIR and wait in peace :) ?

Thanks everybody for your valuable inputs. This GC is abusing all of us a lot. I believe in KARMA.

GC_KATHA

XPKY:

I got the same thing as you mentioned. I got the 45-day letter and then got the withdraw confirmation letter from Backup center. My lawyer told me that my PERM case may trigger the withdrawing of my RIR case.

PERM approved, while RIR still sleeping

Filed RIR Sep-2004, made it to regional but still no 45-day letter.
Filed a new PERM and got approved in 3 weeks, will go on to I-140 with the new application, below is my PERM detail. Good luck with everyone.

Job title: Research Associate
Non-profit institution
PD: Nov-17-2005 (got confirmation the same day)
Certified: Dec-12-2005 (per attorney)

Hope everyone good luck

Hi, Can you tell us if you retain your Priority Day, which is Sep-2004?
alohaahola said:
Filed a new PERM and got approved in 3 weeks, will go on to I-140 with the new application, below is my PERM detail. Good luck with everyone.

Non-profit institution

Hope everyone good luck

alohaahola...congards. Could you tell us please if you had to withdraw your pending RIR first.? and weather the job position is exactly the same when you filed PERM.??
I am really surprised from the responses we get from out attorneys!!!!
for those who dont want to transfer the PD (becs it is recent), why they dont recommend applying a new PERM?!!!!
It appears that u can still get approved on a new PERM case and have a pending case in the BEC.......
could you guys please comment on this.
Thanks.

Could you tell us please if you had to withdraw your pending RIR first.?

A: No, I did not touch the old RIR application.

and weather the job position is exactly the same when you filed PERM.??

A: Everything is IDENTICAL because when we started the PERM recruitment, we (me and my attorney) thought about conversion, but decided not to convert later.

I am really surprised from the responses we get from out attorneys!!!!
for those who dont want to transfer the PD (becs it is recent), why they dont recommend applying a new PERM?!!!!

A: Then you need to find another attorney, I have had two attorneys (one for my old RIR and one for PERM). Both of them recommend starting a PERM ASAP back in June. You won't lose anything by starting an identical PERM recruitment right now.

It appears that u can still get approved on a new PERM case and have a pending case in the BEC.......

A: DOL published something back in October (go to immigration-law.com and look through the archives for detail) which said explicitly that you can do it and it is LEGAL.

Good luck with everything.

onet code

alohaahola,
What is the Onet code in your application?

Thank you.
engmi

alohaahola said:

Non-profit institution

Hope everyone good luck

Conversion PERM approved

Guys
I just got a call from my attorney that my PERM was approved.
I filed a conversion case in Early October , with a priority date of Dec 2004.

It was EB3 , BE + 2years Exp.
it was filed with Chicago center.

Good Luck to all of you guys, looks like Chicago is finally working.
:)