Conversion from BEC to PERM

Well my audit said that please send us a copy of your old filing. My case is exactly like the previous one so we did that and thought that they will match it from this file rather than waiting for BEC to enter the case in the system. The status changed from "audit review" to "in process" and it is the same since. My lawyer wrote few emails to DOL and response is that there are too many cases and we cannot respond to a specific inquiry. At least your lawyer got the answer.

To SourceFactor

Hi, Sourcefactor,
I have a question for you. Have you received the 45-day letter? Because it you did, your information should have entered the PBEC system already.

No never recieved the 45 days letter. I think no one NJ received the 45 day letter for 2002 at least I have not heard of anyone

May be a hope

All,

I think Drirshad was the guy who tried conversion first. He just posted something where even his I140 got approved. I dont think things are moving that slow.

We might not be all that lucky but seems like he successfully converted his case.

Please give some suggestions on withdrawing...

Hi, guys,
After waiting for almost 4 months without receiving anyting including the audit letter, I feel very blue about the refiled PERM.
I am thinking whehter I should withdraw the refiled PERM and file a new one.
My priority date is Oct. 2004.
The retrogression is improving a lot and once the S1932 get approved, Priority date will become less and less important.
Is it worth to give up the refiled case which has no timeframe and start a new one?
Thanks for any advice!

TO sf

in the thread "I-140 PROCESSING time"
you can search the forum!
don't know whether he got approved under refiled perm or not!

also

I thought about withdrawing the application also. But I have a good feeling that since when we applied for PERM, it automatically meant that we are withdrawing our application in the BEC. We are only getting the priority date from that application.

Now, if we said we want to withdraw our PERM application, there is a good chance that it might take another 6 months. Because withdrawing this PERM might need withdrawing the BEC case (which they could not find in the first place).

Just my thoughts. I feel like we are better off just to stick to this application.

I think wolf is right. I am not sure if withdrawing means that original application is also withdrawn or it may be reinstated back. A better option would be to file a an entire new one since the restrictions on filing two is not yet ammended by DOL

question

Does this mean that we have to re-advertise the whole thing again!!! My original PD is Nov 2004 with Illinois and my PERM was sent out on 9/19/2005. I think it is a very tough call decide whether to withdraw, re-apply or be patient.

Hello,

My Original LC was filed in march 2005 in non-RIR. I am now starting preparations to file under PERM. Reading the posts here I am kind of unsure whether to convert or file new one.

Advantages of converting:
1. Will get to retain a priority date almost 1 year earlier(if I file my perm in march '06)
2. No matter what immigration reforms are introduced, priority date still rules!

So I personally feel converting makes sense in the long run.
Can someone please post their take on pros/cons of converting vs filing new PERM?

Thanks

indigroove said:
Hello,

My Original LC was filed in march 2005 in non-RIR. I am now starting preparations to file under PERM. Reading the posts here I am kind of unsure whether to convert or file new one.

Advantages of converting:
1. Will get to retain a priority date almost 1 year earlier(if I file my perm in march '06)
2. No matter what immigration reforms are introduced, priority date still rules!

So I personally feel converting makes sense in the long run.
Can someone please post their take on pros/cons of converting vs filing new PERM?

Thanks
I haven't heard about converted PERM approval while there's a lot of fast (~3 weeks) PERM approvals when it's a new case. PD is very important though, especially if you're from the contry prone to retrogression...

michvin said:
I haven't heard about converted PERM approval while there's a lot of fast (~3 weeks) PERM approvals when it's a new case. PD is very important though, especially if you're from the contry prone to retrogression...

I did talked to my lawyer today and she suggested against withdrawing. According to her it is NOT the way to go since the original PD may be revoked as well. Filing a new one is an option or sitting and waiting until they decide this for people that are from retrogresssed countries I guess the PD is more important than getting the approval in 3 weeks. Its just frustrating to wait for such a long time for perm not that once it will come I will be able to file the I485 anyways.

Regards,
AR

so friends drirshad finally replied.. Thanks for him for sharing his infromation with us... here it is:

DRIRSHAD's INFO:
Please update it ....
RIR - Dec 04
PERM Conv - Apr 29, 05
LC Approved - Oct 29
I-140 - Oct 11, Approved Oct 18

guys, I think the important question is: can we really file a new PERM case while there is one in the BEC???
My understanding from my attoreny is tha, once u apply for PERM, you mark a box in the application that asks if you have one in the BEC.
My old LC was filed in march 2005, so very much like indigroove except i think that having a LC in three weeks is better than keeping a PD of one year!!!
so is there really a way to first withdraw the old case from the BEC, then file a new PERM case??? remember, iam still in the same job, having the same position and responsibilities.
Thanks.

Confirmation of Withdrawl Letter

Hey Guys I just a letter for Dallas Backlog Center, stating that my application has been withdrew, because of my PERM appl.
Has anyone gotten one of those?
Thanks
harrison

Hi Harrison,
Did you file a new PERM case while old case is pending in BEC, WITH THE SAME EMPLOYER ? Or did you file for PERM with new employer ?

Thanks !

Withdrawn case

Harrison,

Can you give details on your case? What was the original PD, PERM application date, whether you have received 45 day letter or not and which BEC you went through?

Drirshad also sent me a message saying he did not do anything special. He just waited 6 months for the conversion case to be approved and it got finally approved.

Does anyone know if DRIRSHAD retained his old priority date after PERM approval? If so, does his PERM approval copy contain the old priority date on it?

Thanks