Conversation with IIO and July, Aug 01 Tracker

detroitimmi,

The info you shared was the exact info I got from IIO when I spoke to them about my case a week back. She told me that although my case was assigned to an IIO in Dec '02, they will first process the ones received on or before 8/01 and that date according to the conversation was ND.

Based on Approvals in Rupnet for the last7 days

Looks like NSC is approving cases with RFEs issued prior to Nov 02. I wonder when they actually request FBI for a security check? - Upon opening the case file or after 'Preliminary processing' or in case of RFE, after receipt of evidence?

http://www.rupnet.com/immigration/reports/approvaltrack.asp?msort=14&month=&place=100

The consoling fact is atleast - they have not messed up files picked up during the 'freeze'!

2 more days for weekend .. hoping for the best!

Alright guys, here is my update

RD: 08/15/01
ND: 09/24/01
RFE: 12/18/02
RFE received: 01/03/03

Called up NSC yesterday, the lady there said that the response has been received and the case is again assigned to an officer.

Well, just continuing the wait game but was little upbeat from last couple of days to see some movement at NSC. Hang in there, we will all be there one day and hope that day is very near!

zero, I think they request the background check from FBI during the so called 'Preliminary processing'. The basis for my statement is because there are infact some cases that we saw on this board and else where which got approved in couple of weeks of receipt of RFE response. I could be wrong thou... my two cents...

Hi

Spoke with an IIO yesterday. Friendly person answered the phone and I asked about my wife's EAD. She told me that the file was assigned to an officer on Jan 13. Then I asked her about our 1-485 and she said that both mine and my wife's file was assigned to the officer on Jan 13.

We had received RFE for our I-485 and INS had received the response on Nov 1, 2003. Any idea how long the wait is going to be b4 we hear anything?

Looking at all these approvals from NSC is very heatening and hope we also get our approval soon

Hang in there man, no one really knows when that good day will come but I am almost sure that there will be considerably high volume of approvals coming in next couple of weeks. Good luck all.

Another Week and a ray of hope

Hello guys,

I did not see any approvals on 31st? Last week a friend of mine called NSC for info. His RD is Dec 2001. He was told that they are processing Sep 01 cases !!?? Any ideas ?

Lets hope for the best this week

Friday called INS to chk my status, she said my case assigned to officer on Dec/05/2002, still no approval. She said it shld be next couple of weeks I can see some thing.

Aug/01/2001
Sep/14/2001

RD July1, 2001 NO NEWS

FP: (Sometime in SEP, forgot exact time)

Never got any response. No RFE and NO AP.

NO news is good news or bad news?

SoundofSilence

It is very difficult to know if it good or bad.

As my attorney says 'Every officer is different'!! (What ever that means!)

I think you need to call NSC just so to find out what is happening. If you don't get a convincing answer, may be you need to get in touch with your local congessman.

Hi soundofsilence,
Maybe the following could be of some help to you: like you my RD is july 2001, no rfe's and nothing was ever updated online beyond "We received your application to...." I faced the sounds of silence from NSC but my case was approved today (Feb 4). So in my case the silence turned out to have a good ending.
Hope this helps. Also, if you are from the Detroit area, it's useful to try and contact sen Carl Levin's office. They might be able to call NSC and ask on your behalf.

Please continue to share your call experience

Guys, Please continue to share your call experiences in this thread. I am planning to call again next week.

Also, How do you think 'the war against Iraq' will impact us? Are we looking at another 'slow down'?

Congratulations! Detroitimmi

Very happy for you and enjoy your new found freedom!:)