continuing GC on Canadian PR + medicals

masterpua

Registered Users (C)
I have a couple questions. Before I ask them, let me give you guys some context/background. I live and work in the US; I have an H1B. I have applied for both my US GC and my Canadian PR. I just filed my I-140 for my US GC; my priority date is June 2004 so I will have to wait a while before my US GC arrives. I applied for my Canadian PR in July 2006.

I really want to start my own business...I'm dying to start it and I obviously can't being on an H1B in the US. I have a couple questions (not entirely related):

1. Can I live in Canada once my Canadian PR is approved but still be employed by my current US-based company AND continue on my with US GC process?

2. I'm hoping to get an Initial Assessment from the Canadian authorities around July this year (given I applied in July 2006); should I go ahead and get my medicals done to save a little bit of time?

Thanks.

1. Can I live in Canada once my Canadian PR is approved but still be employed by my current US-based company AND continue on my with US GC process?

-- YES

2. I'm hoping to get an Initial Assessment from the Canadian authorities around July this year (given I applied in July 2006); should I go ahead and get my medicals done to save a little bit of time?

-- Do not know. May be others will answer this question.

You can't get ur medicals done beforehand - you have to wait for their letter. I applied in Mar 2006, haven't received anything as yet, do don't hope for your IA to be approved byJuly this year - a lot of people started applying for Canadian PR after the US immigration went downhill, so longer queues now.

Can I re-apply for PR again after three years ?

Hi Gurus,
I am planning for landing (process) in Canada this September 2007. My US GC process is going on , I-140 stage got completed, got 3 year H1 extension. After Canadian landing process, I am planning to come back to US. I hope I will get the US GC or at least the EAD in another 3 years. If not I will have to go to Canada or else Canadian PR will be invalid. At that point of time I may see getting US GC or EAD is well within reach. At that time, can I reapply for Canadian PR again so that I do not lose US GC and Canadian PR ?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gurus,
I am planning for landing (process) in Canada this September 2007. My US GC process is going on , I-140 stage got completed, got 3 year H1 extension. After Canadian landing process, I am planning to come back to US. I hope I will get the US GC or at least the EAD in another 3 years. If not I will have to go to Canada or else Canadian PR will be invalid. At that point of time I may see getting US GC or EAD is well within reach. At that time, can I reapply for Canadian PR again so that I do not lose US GC and Canadian PR ?

Thank you.

You can re-apply as many times as you want. But by reading your plans and the case, I will be very surprised if your application is approved even once after re-applying.

US GC and Canadian PR

I got Canadian PR in 2003 and GC in 2006. From what I know one cannot be permannet resident in 2 countries. I am planning to return Canadian PR and want to take experts advise.

- What is the process of returning Canadian PR card?
- Is there anybody what has done this ? Do we need to get confirmation from Canadian authority, so we do not have trouble in future?

Please share your thoughts.