Continuing Chennai Feb Interview thread

Gandalf

Registered Users (C)
Thought we need a new one.
My question of the day: If I have copies of tax filings for the last three years will that do, or do I need something attested by the IRS? The copies I have are just photo copies of the forms I mailed to the IRS and the w2 copies.

What if we don\'t have PCC??

What are the consequences of attending interview without PCC..I read the following on immigration.com..what can be conclude out of it..Read last two lines...

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter/newindianpolice.html

John Nay, the supervisory Consul General in New Delhi, has stated that all Indian posts (except Calcutta, which only deals with orphans) are changing to the new policy effective February 1. Each post will update its own web site, and they are all including new instructions in their appointment letters. They are still working out some implementation details, so they ask for your patience and understanding, but desire to assure applicants that they will not be "unfairly wiped out on this."

Answer to gandalf:

gandalf
I am planning to take my tax return (printed copies) since mine was e-filed. And originals and copies of my 3 year W-2s. None of this is attested. I am also planning to take the 3 yr tax transcripts. This one is from IRS and has an IRS authority\'s signature on it.

Hope this helps.

Sujatha

Gandalf: Tax transcripts

You can obtain tax transcripts from IRS, use the seach option to obtain the phone number for IRS. I have posted one too.. if you cannot find I will try to find it.

If you do not have time to get transcipts then what you have should do(mainly w-2\'s) and reciepts(if you have) on the fees of filing like from H&R block or something.The latter is not really required but just in case if you do not have anything else to prove.

would be safe than sorry.

i dont think we will lose our chance to get a GC, but only it might prove to be a bit more of a hairy experience if we showed up without the PCC.

Got transcripts from IRS office.

It\'s only a printout of the transcript with the IRS stamp on it. She said that official transcripts would take 3-4 business days to obtain. Will these printouts do? I also have my forms that I filled out originally.

Also, got the sailing permit from the IRS office in about 5 minutes as well.
This is from San Jose.

PCC reply from chennai

I got a reply from chennai saying that we don\'t need local pcc if we already got one from consulate here. here is what i got

Since you are residing abroad, you haveto get only from the Local Embassy
there.

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600006
Ph-91-44-8112060/2000

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 2:04 AM
To: \'chennaiiv@state.gov\'
Subject: Case Number -

> Sir/Madam,
> Me and my wife will be coming to India for the immigration visa interview
> on 28 Feb. 2002. I have already got Police clearance certificate from
> Indian Consulate here in Washington D.C, Do I still need to get the police
> clearance certficate from local police station in India.
> The information on the official web site (www.madras.sphynx.com) regarding
> this is little bit confusing.
> Can you please clarify on it.
>
> Thanks
>
> Case Number - ZZZZ

For Feb interview, did you guys receive OF or DS 230 Part 2 in the packet 4?

For Feb interview, did you guys receive OF or DS 230 Part 2 in the packet 4?

PCC from local office in india

Hello
 I applied for PCC in the chicago embassy. My appointment is on feb15 and they are saying that it will take at least 45 days to get PCC from the embassy. Can i get police clearance from my local police office in india. Is that sufficient ? for people living in the US is PCC from a indians embassy the only valid one ..Please let me know

If wife is pregnant do I need to take any proof of pregnancy for medical test/vaccinations?

Did anyone receive Packet 4 at US address.

Guys,

Did any one receive packet 4 at US address? Also could some one
suggest good hotel close to all 3 facilities (lister, Dr.Vij & Cons).

Thanks.

I think PCC is very much required for interview..

I sent an e-mail asking if the PCC is very much necessary for interview..I got following one liner from Chennai...

Channai is insisting that the PCC be from Indian consulate if we live in country other than India...

-------------------------

Ou have to obtain the PCC for the interview.

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600006
Ph-91-44-8112060/2000

Received P-4 in India.

Now it\'s on its way to B\'bay as I\'m planning to go to Chennai directly with one day stop over at B\'bay

kadham

are you getting pcc from local police station also.
I think i am getting too scared about this whole pcc.
thanks