Content of letters to editors

eb2007

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,
I have received a RFE in EB1OR category and I need to draft a letter to provide it to editor of Journal for whom I reviewed the paper. The editor has asked for the draft as she is in Europe and doesn't know much about the content of the letter.
Experts please help me with the content of the letter. What should be the essence of those letters? Please help me asap since this could be vital for approval of my application.
Many thanks

essence of letter

As I read somewhere in this forum it should contain why you were invited for review (you have outstanding qualifications with strong expertise and international recognition), how many papers u have reviewed, of course the significance of journal (its relative standing in the field impact factor, circulation ranking etc..) and how your contribution as a reviewer helped the journal make decision on submitted articles thus u were contributing for jorunal's success..
Thats how I am requesting letters from editors, I got RFE too and it worked with one journal and I am trying to get more.
Good luck
eb2ph

Thanks eb2pharmacy!! I wish you all the luck for your petition. Incidentally I also have a Pharmacy background .....

Here you go. I have deleted some content to protect privacy but you can insert appropriate names/words/phrases/sentences. Like eb2pharmacy said, you can add more to this based on your expertise area and your contribution.

For whomsoever it may concern:

I am writing this letter to attest that Dr. C**** W**** is a reviewer for P*** R*** L***, an international journal devoted to all areas of general physics. Dr. W was invited to review manuscripts submitted to this journal in the area of high energy particle physics because of his substantial expertise and recognition in that area. As a referee for P*** R*** L***, Dr. W has reviewed 12 manuscripts till date since his first invitation to review in December 2006. Dr. W's reviews and critical comments on a manuscript were always crucial towards reaching a final decision towards its publication in our journal.

P*** R*** L*** is the world's foremost physics letters journal, providing rapid publication of short reports of significant fundamental research in all fields of physics. International in scope, the journal provides its diverse readership with weekly coverage of major advances in physics and cross disciplinary developments. P*** R*** L*** publishes approximately four thousand articles per year and its impact factor and immediacy index are 7.072 and 1.676 respectively. It is the policy of the journal to select its reviewers based on their expertise and international recognition in one or many of the subject areas devoted to general physics (including statistical and quantum mechanics, quantum information, etc.), gravitation and astrophysics; elementary particles and fields; nuclear physics; atomic, molecular, and optical physics; nonlinear dynamics, fluid dynamics, classical optics; plasma and beam physics; condensed matter; and soft-matter, biological, and interdisciplinary physics.

Dr. W continues to be a referee for P*** R*** L*** and his contribution to this peer-reviewing process is both vital and necessary. We appreciate Dr. W's effort in reviewing manuscripts for P*** R*** L*** and greatly value his assistance as a reviewer for P*** R*** L***. Should you have any questions, please contact my office at the address indicated below.

Sincerely,

Editor
P*** R*** L***

Thanks a lot GC-Hopes!! This is a great help. Now I know what should be written in those letters....but unfortunately those journals don't have much high impact factors...
Anyways I'll give my best shot and leave rest to God