Contacting USCIS for Oath

cregan

Registered Users (C)
Question for my father and hopefully me soon.

We live in a neighborhood where our mail is less than reliable. No kidding, I received my neighbor's mail this week. This has been going on for years. My father is waiting for his oath letter. Tonight his neighbor brought him a pile of mail that was mis-delivered. Our area is almost ghost town, so who knows if we are ever going to get all of our mail.

Per my previous experience ... I want him to call USCIS and speak with 2nd LV IO. However, the only method I have been sucessful at that was to go through the outside normal processing times and request a 2-Lv IO. My father's application has done good times and is not out of processing times. If he calls the 1-800 number, how can he get transferred to a 2-Lv IO? I've tried the "I don't have a receipt number" but I get hung up on or nowhere. How can he call and sucessfully be transferred?

Also, because of our untrustable mail, I think he should make an Infopass appointment. Phoenix seems to normally have good processing times and with my history I would like to see him stay on top of his application. How often is too often to make an Infopass? His Interview IO told him 2 - 4 weeks for oath. It has been 2 weeks. Depending on the IO you get to speak with at the Infopass (some are not caring and will not go above and beyond) would 1 Infopass a week be too much?

As always, thank you
:)

Make an InfoPass appointment right away, go explain your dad's situation, and the unreliability of the postal system in your area, to them. Also, go to the local post office and file some sort of official complaint. If that mailman can't do his job properly, then maybe it's time for him to go back and flip burgers.

Cregan,

IIRC your father had his interview around the same time as me, 16th Jan for me.
So it was two weeks yesterday and still no letter in my mailbox, I'd give it another week or so before you get too upset.

I'd agree with complaining to the Post Office though.

Usher, I will have him schedule an appointment ;) he's old technology, so it is difficult for him to go through the USCIS Phone. The mail has been awful since we moved here and complaining did not do anything. I pay my bills online and do not rely on the mail for the reminder. I'm trying to convert my father to do the same thing as he get's his phone bills 3 months late.

McTavish, I know about waiting. He was told after 2 wks to inquire. The reason I am staying on top of it is that i was told to wait and wait and now my ID is 19 months after I applied. I do not want to drop the ball again. He needs to go visit his wife out the country as she can't visit until they apply for her.

Thanks for the reponses :)

Another option would be to find out when the oath dates for your local DO are. Then schedule an Infopass before the dates to see if your dad is scheduled.

At my DO, oaths are scheduled on two consecutive days each month, so an Infopass per month works.

brewerFan, good point. Once a week we have an oath day (morning and afternoon) per Feb schedule. ya, that makes me wonder why they take their time to schedule oaths.

Are you sure he was told 2 weeks to inquire I was told about two weeks to get the oath letter.
I understand where you are coming from but I still think you are jumping the gun.

Let us know how you get on.