Contacting Senator Kennedy's office - does it help?

sharpieterk

Registered Users (C)
I contacted Senator Kennedy's office today and faxed them them a letter with a copy of 485 receipt. Got the standard reply that USCIS has 30 days to respond when the office initiates any request. The person was very helpful person who even gave me an alternate fax number because the main fax was not working. He acknowledged that USCIS is not very helpful and that the office will initiate a request to expedite the case.

Question: Has Senator Kennedy's office helped someone with expediting cases ?

Experiences welcome...

Last edited by a moderator:
I called them once and explained my case. They told me if the security check is pending then they won't be able to do anything.And the story ended there.It was a lady and she was not in a mood to take any interest in my case.
It seems you talked to a guy who was helpful.Could you please let me know the name of the person ? I want to give it another try.

anupb said:
I called them once and explained my case. They told me if the security check is pending then they won't be able to do anything.And the story ended there.It was a lady and she was not in a mood to take any interest in my case.
It seems you talked to a guy who was helpful.Could you please let me know the name of the person ? I want to give it another try.

Check PM

anupb said:
I got a similar letter from MD senator office. But FBIs are human beings also and they could make some mistakes. Does nobody let FBI pick up our cases again??

anupb said:
Sharpieterk, any update ?

Finally managed to contact the Senator's office today. They contacted CIS@Vermont on 8/27. Standard reply: " We have a lot of backlog. We will get to your case before April 2005 !!!" Now they are talking April 2005 !!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Looks like Senator's office is also treated like us. Maybe there are too many of us asking for help from the Senator's office and that is ticking them off. No consistency on USCIS's behavior...all I know is that I am angry !!!