Contacting Senator in NJ ..

Anamica

Registered Users (C)
I need help from you guys contacting senator in NJ.

which senator i.e Frank Lautenberg or Jon S Corzine is better in helping us with immigration issues?

My I-485 got denied because of BCIS error so I want to contact senator for help but not able o decide which one to contact and which one more helpful in NJ.. Can any senator in NJ give personnel appointment to talk about case directly..

See all my posts for more details on my case

Please reply ..

Anamica,
From what I have heard and read on this forum, I believe John Corzine's office is better in such matters, so you may be better off going there.

I dont think that you will get a personal appointment straight off the bat...the office staff would first like all details on your case, and only if they deem necessary would they setup an interview with the Senator.

Also you may want to contact Senator Lautenberg's office also...just in case...however I dont know if there will be adverse impacts if the BCIS fields queries on your case from 2 different politicians !

All the best !

anamika I contacted congressmen robert menedez first but after waiting 2 weeks with no response I contacted lautenberg .....in my case when I called up senators office & explained my problem the lady sent me a form by post & I filled my details like alient regitration no,DOB,all details of I-485 like rd nd fp dt etc & asked them to inquire for my delay & after posting within 3 days I got reply on telephone from senator's office abt whatever they gathered from BCIS hope it helps u

congressman

Originally posted by ramprak
anamika I contacted congressmen robert menedez first but after waiting 2 weeks with no response I contacted lautenberg .....in my case when I called up senators office & explained my problem the lady sent me a form by post & I filled my details like alient regitration no,DOB,all details of I-485 like rd nd fp dt etc & asked them to inquire for my delay & after posting within 3 days I got reply on telephone from senator's office abt whatever they gathered from BCIS hope it helps u

Can you please post some details about your congressman contact? Did you contact him directly or his staff?

Thanks Guys for your reply..

I called Senator Jon S Corzine office last week. They send a form thru email and asked me to fill and attach all receipts. So I am thinking of mailing all info tomorrow. In the form they mentioned get help from only one senator.

But after seeing ramprak post this morning, thinking of contacting lautenberg office. so I called up lautenberg office. The immigration person asked me to send the name, DOB, etc thru fax.

I think getting help from 2 senators simulataneously may create some problem so I asked you guys for help...

I will fax my info to lautenberg office tomorrow ...

Let us see .. ramprak, thanks for your post..

I would visit the office personally.

First timeI called congressman's office, they just sent an email to VSC. second time I went to the office, they called VSC directly for me. It's a diffrence

I contacted Jon S. Corzine (NJ)...

The filled in form (Constituent Waiver form) was received by thier office on July 25, 2003. No response so far. I contacted them during the first week of August and I was asked to wait for reply in mail.

Thanks for the info "ramprak". I will contact Frank Lautenberg.

Edison_NJ, I read one of your post previously thats the reason for me to start this thread ..

I remember you were telling that you didn't get update from Jon S Corzine office. .. and also in the form they menioned it may take 30 days to get the update once they receive the form... so probably you may get update in another few days..

before you call someone, check their immigration record to see if they support immigration. Some offices don't have this service at all.

whenever I called any senator office, I asked them to transfer my call to immigration section and the incharge person used to ask me whether case related GC etc. If so they used to ask me send my info.

Hey dengdeng, they have an immigration department with Director and immigration assistants in Jon S Corzine's office.

Senator contact phone

Nice to read all the posting. Would you guys provide us the senetors Contact telephone nos. Hwo do we get the form . CAn I have copy at byju@yahoo.com
Thankx
RD Nov 5 '01
1st FP Mar 31 '02
2nd FP ??????????
NO RFE

yes, each senator/congressman office has an assistant working on immigration related issued.they will direct your call to that person, remember that person's name, so you can directly call that person.

Similar to Edison_NJ, I contacted Jon S. Corzine (NJ)...

The Constituent Waiver form was received by the office on July 25, 2003. On August 25, I received an email reply from his office. It states that my I-485 case is still pending at BCIS and is waiting to be assigned to an Adjunctions Officer. If I do not hear from the BCIS within 6-8 weeks I can call their office to initiate a second inquiry.

The only thing useful is that I knew that my case has not been assigned and I have to wait at least for another 1.5-2months!:mad:

---Compaqdb