Contacting Ombudsman for 485 processing delay/expediting Security Check

kesab

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
Has anybody contacted USCIS Ombudsman for processing delay or expediting FBI name check ?
Do we need to contact him filing DHS Form 7001 ?
Anybody got any useful response?

Please comment..Our name check has been pending more than 2 years. Wrote to everyone that I could think of but no positive response yet.
....thanks

Thanks Doesitmatter,
Does ur case also pending name check for long time or you have some other concerns?
Mine pending name check for 2 years and outside processing, therefore wondering if I write to them will USCIS care to expedite (becuase they do not request for expediting to FBI anymore)?

I also contacted congressman, placed service request, took infopass, but no response yet..

Just trying to ask what points I should mention in my petition. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a very slow process. I had mailed Form DHS 7001 on June 13. Got a standard response (on July 28)from CIS Ombudsman that he has forwarded the case problem to USCIS and if USCIS does not reply within 45 days please write to me again.
When I had emailed the Ombudsman on July 23 requesting his help for getting an official approval notice from USCIS (my case was approved on June 20 as per Congressman's office), here is the reply I got:
The due date for USCIS’s response to you based on our case problem referral is August 31, 2007, so please do not expect anything sooner.
That said, we have passed on your statement about the Congressman’s news of the approvals to USCIS in hopes a confirmation might come sooner.

my case has been pending for 1 year in NC. I didnt follow up since I got married in june and sent in wife's 485. I dont think we can just sit and hope to get out of this nc mess by luck...hence I sent 7001 to Ombudsman and many other (FL, Cong, sen etc). This is all in past 2 weeks....so no responses.

I filled for 7001, put cover letter, attached a copy of my FOIPA and sent it. I just mentioned that my PD is 2001, so GC is going on for 6 years even though NC is only 1 yr.

Thanks Doesitmatter,
Does ur case also pending name check for long time or you have some other concerns?
Mine pending name check for 2 years and outside processing, therefore wondering if I write to them will USCIS care to expedite (becuase they do not request for expediting to FBI anymore)?

I also contacted congressman, placed service request, took infopass, but no response yet..

Just trying to ask what points I should mention in my petition. thanks

Thanks Doesitmatter for the useful information..
I wish you good luck on positive responses from CIS. I am also going to prepare my petition and mention all that I and my are going through for past about 5 years (EB-2 NIW. PD: Nov 2002). By the way what is FOIPA?
thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Doesitmatter,
Please bear with me..It seems this form is for requesting FBI regarding myself.

Do I have to to send FOIA form before contacting Congressman etc? In fact, I already contacted them also wrote to FBI directly without knowing about it. Ofcourse, nothing happened so far.

I guess, now I will send this FOIA form to FBI. Do I also need to submit a cover letter? When I get the "no record" letter from them, then only I will have to contact Ombudsman, right?

Is there any advantage of getting this "no record" letter?

Sorry for asking you all sorts of question. thanks for your time....

actually I have no clue abt whether FOIPA helps or not when contacting Ombudman, FL, congressman etc. There is no set protocol.

It will be good for you to see for yourself that FBI doesnt have a record on your name. Then you can include that as attachment to FL, congressman, Ombudsman and others. No cover letter for FOIPA request.

FOIPA is not exactly a must have or anything from what I know. I met my congressman and filled some form he had. Only later I filed FOIPA. Once I got foipa response, I wrote to OMbudsman, FL, Zoe (I live in silicon valley
) with cover letter and FOIPA attachment.

This is all in the last 1 month. I only received an mail from Congressman saying that he has initiated contact with FBI and it will take 60 days for them to respond based on past experiences.

What is the email address for the Ombudsman..Thanks

What is the email address for the Ombudsman
Thanks for the help

It is a very slow process. I had mailed Form DHS 7001 on June 13. Got a standard response (on July 28)from CIS Ombudsman that he has forwarded the case problem to USCIS and if USCIS does not reply within 45 days please write to me again.
When I had emailed the Ombudsman on July 23 requesting his help for getting an official approval notice from USCIS (my case was approved on June 20 as per Congressman's office), here is the reply I got:
The due date for USCIS’s response to you based on our case problem referral is August 31, 2007, so please do not expect anything sooner.
That said, we have passed on your statement about the Congressman’s news of the approvals to USCIS in hopes a confirmation might come sooner.

Form DHS-7001

Hi Guys, for those who have sent in Form DHS-7001, please advise on below.

10. Immigration status or interim benefit applied or petitioned for -- do we need to check (b) (iv) for employment based GCr application

14. Designated Attorney/ Representative: It says "If you are the beneficiary of apending petition and haveobtained consent from the petitioner (see Number 15), checkbox 3, sign and date." -- Do we need to check (3) which says "I am the beneficiary of a pending petition and the petitioner is consenting to the release ofinformation about a pending case to me."

15 Consent:If you are the beneficiary of apending petition, and you are not alawful permanent resident or U.S.citizen, the petitioner must sign here to give consent to the releaseof his or her information. -- Do we need to have employer sign this, is it required ?

Also any experience if this form helps in name check cases with FBI, mine's stuck for 2 years now

Thanks so much