Contacting Congressional Members

tributeblinky

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,

I thought it might be a good idea to open up a new thread so that the members here can share their experiences about getting their congressional district offices involved in their cases to expedite the process, get status inquiry, resolve issues, etc.

Does that have an actual effect on the processing/expediting the cases (e.g. I-485)? Is it really a nudge for USICS?

Share guys,

Thanks

Does that have an actual effect on the processing/expediting the cases (e.g. I-485)? Is it really a nudge for USICS?

I didn't need to contact a congress member but according to others' experience, the answer is NO, however, it has a placebo effect on the applicant.

Hey guys,

I thought it might be a good idea to open up a new thread so that the members here can share their experiences about getting their congressional district offices involved in their cases to expedite the process, get status inquiry, resolve issues, etc.

Share guys,

Thanks
What's wrong with you? It's been only 3 months since you applied!
expedite the process? What about people in front of you? They can wait? So your case will be process first?

there is nothing wrong with me! and i never said i have contacted or will contact my congressman anytime soon. i just thought it might be interesting to hear people stories. so that if and when, one of us has to do it and is eligible, at least there has been a thread about it.

so calm down. and stop attacking people!

Don't contact without any urgent conditions to any congress members/ senators for expedite the process. USCIS doesn't like it.

If you expect to get done ASAP, you should inform that you need urgently due to some critical reasons of yours when you start applying. So, USCIS will decide depend on yours applications and requests. I do understand that everyone is willing to get their things done ASAP. Please mind that you’re not only one in the line of waiting. Your turn will come; USCIS is not taking so much times every step they do. They do accordingly, so you should wait accordingly dude. If you might need yours information update, contact the USCIS and appeal them with your condition cases, they will do for your accordingly.

tributeblinky, I'd urge you to wait for a couple months more. These days, I-485 cases' processing times have improved dramatically. I know a person who received his GC within a month after filing for it! That happened a month ago. There was another guy who did the same last year. I guess it all depends on your luck and what not. Still, 5-6 months is a normal processing time imho. Expediting your processing time only after 3 months of the day you filed could raise some unnecessary concerns.

thanks for your replies guys. again, i'm not expediting my case through my congressman's office. i only opened up this thread so that people can share their experiences.