Contacting AILF - Class action law suit against USCIS

Willing to contribute...

Also it would be great if this thread is kept on top in the all the "485 issues in XXX service center" groups

Lets Do It

First lets find out how much it costs and then setup a mediator like an attorney, non-profit organization or some common entity for all of us whom we trust and then start sending the money to that organizer. Once we collect the money lets proceed as discussed and fight for our services that we paid for and deserve. I am seriously willing to contirbute money if it starts. I am pretty sure that lot of others would agree with me. There is no need to worry about them denying our cases, as there is no such ground layed out so far to deny our cases. As long as we paid taxes and kept our jobs, there is no such law as of now that would allow them to deny our case. All that we are asking them is to do their jobs and enforce fairness in adjudicating different cases based on how long they have been pending. I am seriously willing to contirbute my time and money if everybody is seriously interested to proceed with this lawsuit.

Everybody needs to remember that we are paying taxes as much as the american citizens if not more, and are entitled to have equal rights as citizens when it comes to basic nessecities like schooling, housing, and some facilities. If we keep quiet and accept everything that they do, they would put us (I-485 applicants) aside for as long as we put up with it.

Everybody, please post your opinions and suggestions and lets try to come with a way to collect money and proceed with the lawsuit.

The mental turmoil that everybody go through and the stress that everybody has becasue of this adjudication process is not worth it and lets fight.

Agreed

I think it is not their best interest to deny EB- I-485's just because they are p**d. 1)We actually paid FEES (remember many groups of applicants don't, and got higher priorities (e.g. asylum, TPS, correct me if I'm wrong, I am not sure of my facts...) 2) We actaully paid TAXES (many in the upper brackets too). Of course we have the right to complain for the treatment we got. Just imagine, if BCIS is a private entity, I would imagine that its customers would do more dramatic things, like suing, and demanding outrageous damage penalty payment, or suing to get it closed for example. We are only asling for them to fulfill their duty, that's all.

By the way thanks for organizing this, I am willing to contribute reasonable amount of money, and probably time too. NOt trying to offend anyone, but we probably need to set up a credible entity to handle the fund, e.g. a "trust", or ask an organization like ISN to handle it. I think we need to publicize this wider too, to create a bigger "class"

Hi Edison,

There is a Good response to the law suit.

Good Number of People are ready to contribute.

Did you get a chance to talk to AILA or Rajiv or any expert attorney.

I sent a mail to Rajiv about our discussion on this and asked to post his suggestion but no response yet. I think he would have been back from vacation now.

I don't think we can talk to AILA, only the member attorneys can approach them. We can ask only attorney reference.

I don't whether we can contact AILF directly .

Let's see what Rajiv replies.

I will definitely contribute if we decide to go for a class action lawsuit. I am sure 300$ is nothing for bringing an end to this insanity. As of now there seems to be no sign of relief.

So much talk but no action

All we have been doing is talking. The guys who have showed genuine interest in helping guys on this forum (I mean to say the ones who are already approved) must have lost interest I see no comments from them. Well we need to be serious of what we want to do. Let's just not start a thread and leave it the way they are now. We all should get to a united thought and go ahead then only things will work out. Again this is my opinion only.

I already forwarded our petition to AILF and also sent a request for teleconference to discuss this issue. But I didn't receive any response.

This week I planned to mail them our petition with signatures and again request teleconference.

If many of us send the petition with signatures, then we might get some response.

May be talking on Phone with Rajiv, might be useful.

Edison, you are in contact with Rajiv, thorugh e-mails.

May be it might be useful if you can talk with him on Phone. That way we can be more fast.

Everyone who are willing to given money can send Money either to You or Rajiv directly.

This is my first message in this forum. I thought the following info may help...

I got this info from
http://www.jammnet.com/dvtalk/viewthread.php?tid=401

DV-2003 class action lawsuit

A class action lawsuit against BCIS was filed in Chicago on 09/16/03. The plaintiffs in the case are all people seeking adjustment of status or an application for a visa overseas, based on DV-2003, whose applications are not being processed due to administrative delay (typically caused by a delay in background checks). The lawsuit seeks to compel BCIS to process the plaintiffs' application under DV-2003 and to adjust the plaintiffs' status. If the lawsuit is successful it will allow BCIS to adjust the status of the plaintiffs this fiscal year.

So far there are 5 individual plaintiffs listed in the complaint. It is beneficial for the case if there are more individual plaintiffs. If you are seeking adjustment of status based on DV-2003 and your adjustment is pending only because of a background check please contact me at the following address: dv2003lawsuit@hotmail.com

Please include the following information:

name:

interview date:

which office did you apply at:

What city do you live in:

Very encouraging ! Sending petitions may not be very effective, considering that holidays are around the corner.
Read the sorry state of 'some' of the the senators and the congressmen in the article posted by waytoolong. They are worthless. It says:-

"
Other senators/congresmen
Our experience with office of senator Peter Fitzgerald and congressman Bobby Rush was not very pleasant. In both offices our plea for help was essentially ignored (unreachable, not sending us fax when promised, not contacting us back when message left, etc).

"
BTW.
James V. Noonan is a very respected lawyer and is a qualified Class Action Litigation lawyer.

His details:-
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
James V. Noonan
Noonan & Lieberman, Ltd.
105 West Adams Street, Suite 3000
Chicago, Illinois 60603-6209
(Cook Co.)
Telephone: 312-431-1455

Fax: 312-431-1456

Email: Send an Email

Rating Info AV* (Higest rating awarded)BY MARTINDALE HUBBARD

Practice Areas: Real Estate Litigation; Lenders Rights; Lenders Liability; Foreclosure; Commercial Litigation; Civil; Appellate Practice; Class Action Litigation

Admitted: 1989, Illinois and U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois; 1990, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana

Law School: De Paul University, J.D., 1988

College: Marquette University, B.A., 1985

Member: Chicago and Illinois State Bar Associations.

Born: Evergreen Park, Illinois, November 8, 1963

Last edited by a moderator: