Contacted Senator

TheEP

Registered Users (C)
They inquired and looks like FP1 expired. So said to expect a new FP notice in 30-60 days. But the lady from senator's office did hear from USCIS that the 485 is 'PAST DUE'. So at least they admit that it's past due. That's not a small thing :) :) :)

She is going to find out why it's been delayed. Very very helpful and nice to talk to.

RD - Oct/2002
FP1- Dec 2002
EAD1/140/AP1 - AD- Mar2003
EAD2 - AD - Nov 2003
AP2 - RD Mar 2004 - AD Pending..

Last edited by a moderator:
What did you say to Senator??

Hello EP,

When you called senator, what did you exactly say? I am trying to find out what is the most convincing pitch so that they feel that our case is compelling.

Also, I live in bay area, CA, but my 485 is filed from Vermont Service Center, should I contact the senator in bay area or vermont? Thanks for your help.

Senator or Congressman?

Originally posted by gc4health
Is it better goto Senator or Congressman ?

Pls Advise

-- Thanks

Well, I think senator has more powers than congressman. I may be wrong.. but this guy is only one in my state and there are couple of congressmans. He sent me a postcard in last election saying he would help me if I need any help in immigration expedition matters.. so taking that reference I contacted them. It was pretty straight forward.. I called, talked to operator let her know that I like to seek some help from the senator's office regarding immigration matters. She sent me to one secretary who knew what I was talking about, asked me all info and told me to fax her copies of 485 receipts for all family with a cover page mentioning my case. I wrote a little letter saying we face standstill position sbecause of the delay and it is affecting our lives. Thereby if the senator would be kind enough to look into this and provide any advice. I talked to her and then immediately faxed this to her on Wed. She got back to me today morning i.e. Friday saying she asked USCIS about my case and received written response from them saying there is a delay and the case is overdue etc.. which I mentioned above.

Just speak nicely and try to tell them how much this is affecting our lives in sincere language so they can understand our pain. Then again it depends on person to person .. but overall my experience is wonderful.. don't know though if this will really help.. in my cause.. but no harm in trying.. I guess.

ep..could you check ur PM

I have sent one based on my experience. my case is not yet overdue according to cis :mad:

Originally posted by TheEP
They inquired and looks like FP1 expired. So said to expect a new FP notice in 30-60 days. But the lady from senator's office did hear from USCIS that the 485 is 'PAST DUE'. So at least they admit that it's past due. That's not a small thing :) :) :)

She is going to find out why it's been delayed. Very very helpful and nice to talk to.

RD - Oct/2002
ND - Nov 2002
FP1- Nov 29 2002
EAD1/140/AP1 - AD- Feb2003
EAD2 - AD - OCt 2003
AP2 - RD Mar 2004 - AD Pending..

Not being pessimistic, but I am not sure, they would have said/consider it overddue, when the RD is only Oct 2002. Please verify.

Senator

Just curious which RI senator you contacted. We have 2 in RI. Your dates are close to mine. Will be interested on the outcome of your case.

Thanks.:)

I-485
RD: 9/23/02
ND: 10/1/02
1st FP: 11/29/02
2nd FP: 4/20/04
2 EADS
No AP