contact many senators, one email, 5 mins required

techy2468

Registered Users (C)
give it a shot, may be they will try to atleast understand tha problem
------------------------
instructions:
copy and paste all the below email addresses into To or BCC.
copy and paste subject

find and replace yourname by firstName LastName
Address by your Address, you can format adress to break it into different lines if you want

-------------------------

Email Addresses: senator@schumer.senate.gov, russell_feingold@feingold.senate.gov, Senator_Kennedy@kennedy.senate.gov , info@kyl.senate.gov, specter@specter.senate.gov , senator_hatch@hatch.senate.gov , senator_leahy@leahy.senate.gov, chuck_grassley@grassley.senate.gov, senator@biden.senate.gov

Subject: highly educated, skilled professional; tax-paying, law-abiding legal immigrants seeking help to resolve EB visa retrogression

-----------------------message-------------

YourName
Address

Re.: Help to resolve retrogression on Employment Based immigrant visa categories

Dear Senator,

For many years, people from all over the world pursued the American dream with intense purpose and made America the most productive nation in the world. I have been working for five years as a engineer employed at a successful Medical Laboratory in Birmingham, AL.

I write to you as one of the many law abiding and highly qualified skilled professional workers contributing to the American economy and bringing family values to this great nation. Our concerns regarding employment-based immigration have multiplied overnight due to the the lack of visa numbers for the Employment Based applicants, as outlined on the October 2005 Visa Bulletin published by the US Department of State.

According to the October 2005 Visa Bulletin, the Visa Cutoff Dates are such that we would have to wait for another 6 to 8 years after having waited patiently for 3 years just to complete our labor certifications, what is the first phase of the greencard process. The validity of our H1B visas is 6 years and beyond that we have to depend on expensive yearly visa extensions, besides having severe restrictions such as career stagnation, we can’t visit our home country and often our spouses are not authorized to work. Serious family dissatisfactions occur due to this long greencard application process. Our plight in this condition is beyond imagination and now due to this visa retrogression, it seems endless.

The situation does not seem to have any end in sight if there are no immigration policy changes. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has done and is doing some commendable work in backlog reduction and PERM processing to expedite labor certifications, but this is meaningless if there are no employment based visa numbers available to successfully complete the immigration process.

There are many possible solutions to the problems we face today, such as,
(1) Recapturing all the unused Visas for the past 10 years.
(2) Increasing yearly quota of employment based immigrant visas
(3) Removal of AC21 portability rule restrictions to allow us to accept any type of job title or position upon I-140 approval
(5) Counting Immigrant visa per primary applicant only, rather than counting for everyone in family
(6) Making the immigration process independent of employer. Some of these measures are already mentioned in pending “Immigration Reform Bill”.

USA is called the “land of opportunity”. On behalf of all the legal and skilled professionals from around the world, I request that we be given the well-deserved opportunity to file our immigration status in a timely manner by resolving the employment based visa retrogression. I request you to please do whatever is there in your powers to ease out our immigration problems which have caused a great deal of pain and depression to our whole community.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
YourName
Address

News Coverage: http://news.ft.com/cms/s/de3043c0-3...000e2511c8.html(Financial Times)
http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/pr...1013&ID=5186538 (MSN)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just used your template and sent out emails. 2 of them undeliverable specter and senator_kenndy.

I've spoken to all the senators offices anyway, so that should be enough spam for the day :)

I have mentioned this before. Please correct the typo in the numbering below. Please correct this before everyone keeps sending this ...

(3) Removal of AC21 portability rule restrictions to allow us to accept any type of job title or position upon I-140 approval
(5) Counting Immigrant visa per primary applicant only, rather than counting for everyone in family
(6) Making the immigration process independent of employer. Some of these measures are already mentioned in pending “Immigration Reform Bill”.

HELP YOURSELF if u want GC

Folks,

You must have seen this elsewhere. There is a lobbying group that's writing letters to senators etc. trying to bring their attention to the EB2/EB3 retrogression. I wish there was another petition for name check issues.

I've enclosed their link which talks about what each of us can do in that regard. Please do your bit ASAP. Time is of the essence here. It is due by Oct 23.

************************************************** ************************************************** *********

Go to the following link:
<http://www.isnamerica.org/lobbying/hubplan.asp>

Here, you will see the faq and description in the
folder to explain what to do.

Basically it is for everyone to print and sign the
letters and mail them to the hub volunteer. The hub
volunteer will collect and mail the letters out to
the senators on Oct 23. So please forward to as many
people as you k! now and
sent out the letters as soon
as possible to avoid postal delay.

Each person will send out 4 letters:
* 2 letters to the senators of your state: 2 copies
of
1A_Letter_GC_Filed.doc or
1B_Letter_GC_Not_Yet_Filed.doc
* 1 letter to AILA: 2_Letter_AILA.doc
* 1 generic letter: 3_Letter_Industrial_Leaders.doc

The HUB_DETAILS.xls has the postal address of your
hub volunteer and also the names of the senators of
each state.

Everyone please do this. IT helps everyone.

techy2468 said:
give it a shot, may be they will try to atleast understand tha problem
------------------------
instructions:
copy and paste all the below email addresses into To or BCC.
copy and paste subject

find and replace yourname by firstName LastName
Address by your Address, you can format adress to break it into different lines if you want

-------------------------

Email Addresses: senator@schumer.senate.gov, russell_feingold@feingold.senate.gov, Senator_Kennedy@kennedy.senate.gov , info@kyl.senate.gov, specter@specter.senate.gov , senator_hatch@hatch.senate.gov , senator_leahy@leahy.senate.gov, chuck_grassley@grassley.senate.gov, senator@biden.senate.gov

Subject: highly educated, skilled professional; tax-paying, law-abiding legal immigrants seeking help to resolve EB visa retrogression

-----------------------message-------------

YourName
Address

Re.: Help to resolve retrogression on Employment Based immigrant visa categories

Dear Senator,

For many years, people from all over the world pursued the American dream with intense purpose and made America the most productive nation in the world. I have been working for five years as a engineer employed at a successful Medical Laboratory in Birmingham, AL.

I write to you as one of the many law abiding and highly qualified skilled professional workers contributing to the American economy and bringing family values to this great nation. Our concerns regarding employment-based immigration have multiplied overnight due to the the lack of visa numbers for the Employment Based applicants, as outlined on the October 2005 Visa Bulletin published by the US Department of State.

According to the October 2005 Visa Bulletin, the Visa Cutoff Dates are such that we would have to wait for another 6 to 8 years after having waited patiently for 3 years just to complete our labor certifications, what is the first phase of the greencard process. The validity of our H1B visas is 6 years and beyond that we have to depend on expensive yearly visa extensions, besides having severe restrictions such as career stagnation, we can’t visit our home country and often our spouses are not authorized to work. Serious family dissatisfactions occur due to this long greencard application process. Our plight in this condition is beyond imagination and now due to this visa retrogression, it seems endless.

The situation does not seem to have any end in sight if there are no immigration policy changes. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has done and is doing some commendable work in backlog reduction and PERM processing to expedite labor certifications, but this is meaningless if there are no employment based visa numbers available to successfully complete the immigration process.

USA is called the “land of opportunity”. On behalf of all the legal and skilled professionals from around the world, I request that we be given the well-deserved opportunity to file our immigration status in a timely manner by resolving the employment based visa retrogression. I request you to please do whatever is there in your powers to ease out our immigration problems which have caused a great deal of pain and depression to our whole community.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
YourName
Address

News Coverage: http://news.ft.com/cms/s/de3043c0-3...000e2511c8.html(Financial Times)
http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/pr...1013&ID=5186538 (MSN)

we can stop doing this..

looks like it wont help....

most of the automatic replies i got from the senators say that they want us to send the message from the website not by email.

i also spoke to a friend whose dad was a congressman, he suggested it is better to send snail-mail(paper by us mail).

and it is better that everyone should send letter mostly to their own state senators only, they usually pay attention to their constituency.

sorry guys..